2 September 2014

Reading round up (41)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. *pretends to be productive*


25th August

I read a further 12% of Heir of Fire, taking me to 67%. And I read Betrayed by Jennifer Rush (32 pages) in like ... an hour. Oh my poor bb Trev. Please be happy.

26th August

Currently reading: Heir of Fire | Sarah J. Maas
Current page/percent: 87%
Read today: 20%
Thoughts: Still not fussed on Sorcha. She seems like an awfully convenient love interest for Dorian. Putting money on her betraying him and being a plant from the King.

27th August

Currently reading: Heir of Fire | Sarah J. Maas
Current page/percent: 100%
Read today: 13%
Thoughts: Crying. No. My BABY. You leave Dorian the fuck out of this.

28th August


Started The 100 by Kass Morgan. I'm a little iffy with it, as I was with the TV show but I like the premise a lot. Not a clue who the fuck Glass is, though. I read 19%.

29th August


I am SO bored of The 100 right now. I read 20% but it was like pulling teeth. Glass's sections are pointless. The others I actually like, but why why WHY all the flashbacks?

30th August

Currently reading: The 100 | Kass Morgan
Current page/percent: 47%
Read today: 8%
Thoughts: I SORT OF HATE THIS BOOK but sort of don't mind it in parts. Why is everyone except Bellamy so whiny? Why was Octavia aged up in the TV show? Where the frick is Jasper? Why did the TV show force a love triangle with a character that doesn't exist when Wells is in love with Clarke and there for the adapting? Who is Glass? Basically: ?????????? (if I actually liked this book I probably wouldn't be asking these questions, but I literally can't see why it was made into a TV show because it's not that good.)

31st August

I'm done with The 100. I'm just thoroughly bored of the whining and the nothing happening. So I abandoned it at 47% and started The Exiled Queen by the infallible Cinda Williams Chima. Read 101 pages and I missed these morons.

1st September

Okay so I totally forgot to post this thing yesterday because my life is now so hectic in the run up to The Wandering's release. But lets pretend I posted this on time, and also that I read something (because I didn't.)

Books finished this week: 1.5
(*gnarled moaning*)


Alright, so I went on another binge (birthday money HOLLA) and I don't have the energy or patience to write them all out here, but I got a tonne of Terah Edun books, a handful of other indies, and ALL MY FAVES. I now own everything I love but Cruel Beauty and Illusions of Fate.

I ALSO GOT A GALLEY OF POLARIS, SEQUEL TO AVALON AND HOLY HELL YESSSSSSSSSSS. So happy!! And a shitty preview of Orphan Queen and BOY am I mad about that. Nowhere on the listing on EW did it say it was only a preview and not the whole book. I feel betrayed, HarperCollins.


More Cassandra Rose Clarke books!!!!!! HELL YES HELL YES HELL YES.

I started a design business called Cosmos Cover Design (cosmos because I love all things space). I design book covers, web banners, and sidebar ads. Check it out here. Blog headers are £10, or £20 with custom stock. Ads are like ... £5. (All money I make goes towards luxury things like food and electricity and staying alive...)

No comments:

Post a Comment