31 August 2014

The 100 (DNF Review)

The 100: The 100 | Kass Morgan
Published by: Little, Brown books for Young Readers, March 18th 2014
Genre: YA, Science fiction
Pages: 323
Format: Ebook
Source: Little, Brown books for Young Readers, via Netgalley

In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late.

Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again.


Everything in this book pointed towards me loving it. But ... I didn't. I might have done had 50% of the book not been whining, had there been more happening, had half the characters been interesting, but I didn't enjoy it.

Here's what I liked

Bellamy
Clarke
The premise was uber cool

Here's what I didn't:

Glass's chapters were the most pointless things I've ever read. I just wanted to know about the 100 on Earth.
The Wells/Clarke/Bellamy thing didn't interest me one bit.
Very little happened in the first 50%. They landed on Earth. That's it.
I like my books action packed and this wasn't.
Why of all places to land did they land in USA? I MEAN. This is out of hand. If they'd have landed on Africa, this book would have probably held my interest much better.


This is probably a great book for fans who love light sci fi. Or have more patience with books in general.

(No star rating since I DNF)


1 comment:

  1. I know I should really hate it, but for some reason, I just don't, haha. I don't even know why, I'm kind of addicted to it. I need help. But I love Clarke and Bellamy, though I am getting increasingly frustrated with the lack of plot in the second book. :/

    ReplyDelete