25 August 2014

Reading round up (40)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. *rolls away from my responsibilities*


18th August

Still plodding on with my crappy mood. Read another 2% of Heir of Fire. It's laughable how little motivation I have. Also I don't want a new love interest for Dorian, why do we need one? And who are these new people? Oh, I don't care. Understanding why some people bailed.

19th August


Not feeling an Heir of Fire day, so I read 16% of Sworn to Transfer. The woods and fae (okay, kith) are making this book more interesting. Excited to see where this is going, since everyone says this book is better than the first and I haven't seen that yet. Also finished that Skylar Dorset novella. Not fussed. You can read my review here.

20th August

Currently reading: Sworn to Transfer | Terah Edun
Current page/percent: 19%
Read today: 74%
Thoughts: I'm enjoying this now!


21st August


Finished Sworn to Transfer (26% read). It was pretty decent.

22nd August


Attempted to read Maureen Johnson's The Boy In The Smoke, which I thought was a Shades of London prequel but turned out to be real life events for the most part. DNF at 35%. Went on with Heir of Fire, too (12% read), which is getting MUCH better.

23rd August

Currently reading: Heir of Fire | Sarah J. Maas
Current page/percent: 34%
Read today: 14%
Thoughts: This is taking so long to get through, and not so much because of the size but because of everything that's happening.


24th August

Currently reading: Heir of Fire | Sarah J. Maas
Current page/percent: 55%
Read today: 21%
Thoughts: UGH I knew I'd love Rowan. I wish he and Celaena would be endgame but I'm happy with their friendship if that's all it'll be.

Books finished this week: 1.5
(Ughhh.)


 
Trial By Fire | Josephine Angelini
The Walls Around Us | Nova Ren Suma

You have no idea how happy I am. I've been wanting Trial By Fire for EVER. Merci, Macmillan! The Walls Around Us sounds pretty mysterious, like it could be good, but I found out AFTER I'd been approved that it was download only, and wasn't sent to my kindle. So, we'll see how that works out because the last two I've had that way expired before I could read them.
I'm still bugging you to donate to the campaign for printing and shipping of The Wandering. To persuade you, there are REWARDS! Donate a pound for your name in the acknowledgements. Donate £3 or more for extra cool stuff, bracelets, bookmarks, rare paperbacks etc. Help me give people more free books!!


No comments:

Post a Comment