18 August 2014

Reading round up (39)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. Clean blog, messy reading schedule.


11th August

Finished Cinder (102 pages read) and I LOVE IT. I also started Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater (65 pages). I missed these assholes so goddamned much. Still hating LA though.

12th August

Currently reading: Sinner | Maggie Stiefvater
Current page/percent: page 185
Read today: 120 pages
Thoughts: I don't know if I like this or not. If it weren't for Maggie's writing and being long invested in the characters, I'd have bailed by now.

13th August

Being dumb I left Sinner in my living room, so I started reading Sworn to Transfer by Terah Edun (21%). It has a dragon in it. It's pretty cool (despite the odd grammar/spelling errors)

14th August

Went on with Sinner and I really do love it but I also don't. Read 165 pages. I've finished it and I don't care about it at all? That ending was rushed and just ... ?????

15th August

Currently reading: Sworn To Transfer
Current page/percent: 39%
Read today: 18%
Thoughts: I'm finding this really hard to get into and read at my normal pace. So far not enjoying as much as book one.

16th August

Terrible day. Didn't wanna read that much so I read a quarter of The Girl Who Kissed A Lie by Skylar Dorset (30 pages). It's alright. I'm fed up.

17th August


I've totally lost all motivation. Started Heir of Fire to balance out Sworn to Transfer since I think it'll take a while to get through this. I'm in a bit of a slump after Sinner and Cinder. Read 6% and my shitty mood is slightly perking up.



Books finished this week: 3
(Ughhh.)


I lost control and spent all my money in one night.

Praefatio | Georgia McBride
Blackfin Sky | Kat Ellis

I can't even explain these. I'm not sure I'll like them. I was having a bad day - I'm a stress shopper. The girl on the cover of Praefatio looks like Emilie De Ravin.

Accession | Terah Edun
Branded | Abi Ketner & Missy Kalicki

I loved Terah's Sworn To Raise, and I've been meaning to read more of her books. This one is, I think, about modern day witches? Also people keep talking about Branded. It sounds bullshit but whatever.


Breath of Frost | Alyxandra Harvey

This is only the second of these I think I'll like. And it was on sale so... Also the cover reminds me of Caroline Forbes for come reason. Precious vampire sweet. That's mostly why I bought it.

I also got a tonne of free iBooks including Dangerous Girls (Finally caved to peer pressure) and Grave Mercy (hella) but I'm too lazy to post them all here.
I'm still bugging you to donate to the campaign for printing and shipping of The Wandering. To persuade you, there are REWARDS! Donate a pound for your name in the acknowledgements. Donate £3 or more for extra cool stuff, bracelets, bookmarks, rare paperbacks etc. Help me give people more free books!!


2 comments:

  1. Huh, I hate bad reading weeks when you just can't get into anything at all, I've been lucky (it's been almost a month since my last one). But Branded! I loved it when I read it, but then started rereading it and found some things weird. :/ But A Breath of Frost! Quirky characters, sisterly feel (though they're cousins) and the romance actually reminds me of Illusions of Fate with how they act around each other. ;) It took me a while to get into it at first because of the character switches and a large cast to keep track of, but I also think it was because the format off netgalley sucked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn you, Jones! Now I've gotta read A Breath of Frost ASAP.

      Delete