11 August 2014

Reading round up (38)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. Will I continue to put off finishing the Icons series? Probably.


4th August
Current page/percent: 53%
Read today: 44%
Thoughts: I was definitely having a grumpy reading day yesterday. This book isn't boring AT ALL. I love it - fighting, pirates, mysterious island, swoon-worthy romance. Oh yeah, this is awesome. Flying through it now.

5th August
Current page/percent: 79%
Read today: 26%
Thoughts: Ugh. The fuck is this Shamal????

6th August

Finished The House of The Four Winds and I'm SO EMOTIONAL. The name of the new ship! *cries* Also I started Ignite by Erica Crouch, which at least three of my friends rate this. I enjoyed Crouch's Madly, Deeply so I have high hopes but I hear it features Michael, the angel I despise the most so ... good luck, Ignite.

7th August

Read a further 6% of Ignite. I'm not wowed yet, and I'm findng it hard to get into it, but I'm sticking with it. I also read The Automaton's Treasure by Cassandra Rose Clarke (33 pages) which is just lovely and fun and stunning. I could live in this world forever.



8th August

Nothing read. Stressy day.


9th August

Not enjoying Ignite, so I'm swapping to Marissa Meyer's Cinder. Need something to pick me up. I read 138 pages and I'm liking it so far.


10th August

Currently reading: Cinder | Marissa Meyer
Current page/percent: page 303
Read today: 165 pages
Thoughts: Fuck, I'be gone from liking it enough to HOOKED. Damn damn damn I can't afford to love another series.

Books finished this week: 2
(Ughhh.)


Transparent | Natalie Whipple
Relax, I'm A Ninja | Natalie Whipple

I bought these two because they were cheap. Simple as. I had a period where I wanted to read Relax, I'm a Ninja and I'm all for supporting self pubbed authors so. I'm not sure I'll enjoy Transparent, but it was just over a pound . I enjoyed Whipple's House of Ivy and Sorrow so I hope I'll like these as well.


Endgame | Nenia Campbell

This was another cheap impulse buy. I do that a lot. I probably spend about £10 a month on impulse kindle books. Eek that's my entire income! I've heard good things from people I follow on GR about Nenia Campbell, and I'm intrigued by this. Hoping it doesn't bore me as much as James Dashner's take on the premise.



The 100 | Kass Morgan
Day 21 | Kass Morgan

Didn't enjoy the first few eps of the TV series but what the hell. I think I'll really like this book series. I'm pretty pissed they got rid of the really nice arty cover for Day 21. I know there was one, because I saw it and it matched the 100. Why is the CW dominating? Can u not? These is books, friend.
I'm still bugging you to donate to the campaign for printing and shipping of The Wandering. (We're 44% there, so close to fifty!!) To persuade you, there are REWARDS! Donate a pound for your name in the acknowledgements. Donate £3 or more for extra cool stuff, bracelets, bookmarks, rare paperbacks etc. Help me give people more free books!!


No comments:

Post a Comment