22 September 2014

Reading round up (44)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. I am so tired this week.


15th September

Currently reading: 
Snow Like Ashes | Sara Raasch
Current page/percent: 43%
Read today: 22%
Thoughts: Theron is super hot and cute and alluring and I WANT ONE.

16th September

Currently reading: 
Snow Like Ashes | Sara Raasch
Current page/percent: 100%
Read today: 57%
Thoughts: The second half of this book is 100000000 times better than the first. Seriously warmed to Meira by the end and now deem her worthy of being with Theron my precious little cupcake.


17th September


I started The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff (171 pages read) because I feel wholly let down by the ending of the Wicked Lovely series and need more fae in my life, and this book is about a changeling. It's pretty alright so far. I like the feel of the book, and how music is a big part of Mackie's life - as it is mine. Mayhem is also creepy and eerie and I'm excited to meet the big bad!

18th September
Current page/percent: page 242
Read today: 242 pages
Thoughts: This was pretty good at the beginning but now it's AWESOME. I am thoroughly in love with Wolf and I'm breezing through this book.


19th September


I had a hell of a day today. My laptop went down HORRIFICALLY. It took me a whole day to get it back up, and it's right in the four days I cannot possibly lose days. Fingers crossed I can still get my book out on time but it's looking bad. Anyway, with nothing else to do, I read 34% of Trial by Fire which I hated with a passion at first but I'm starting to like it a little now. I also read 17% of Killer of Enemies by Joseph Bruchac because Trial By Fire was driving me mad and I needed to break it up. 

Also it's National Hispanic Heritage month and I'm wanting to read something to acknowledge that, so if you have any recs PLEASE leave them in a comment below!


20th September


Who is that supposed to be on the Trial By Fire cover? Darling Rowan or Despicable Tristan? I read 14% of Trial by fire, taking me to 48% and another 7% of Killer of Enemies, which is getting tedious with all the fighting. I get that it's what this book is about but it's repetitive.

21st September


Finished Trial By Fire (52%) and the ending was pretty awesome, with a promising lead into the second book.

Books finished this week: 3
(Loooooooong week)



I've recently been making more of an effort to buy indie books, spurred on by my enjoyment of Terah Edun's novels among others. Books I would consider because the plot sounds awesome but then decide against because they were self published I've started giving a chance.

Here's what I bought:


 Become | Ali Cross
Missing Royal | Konstaz Silverbow
Of Sea And Stone | Kate Avery Ellison
Timber Wolves Trilogy | Tammy Blackwell


Heard good stuff about Ellison's books, and I've read the debut by Konstanz Silverbow and while I didn't enjoy it, I'm willing to give her books another chance. Also that cover is SO pretty. That first book is actually free so check it out. Also check out the last one as well - you can get the whole trilogy right now for less than a pound. It's CRAZY.

I started work on a book I've been wanting to find time to write for a while now and I'm loving it. I'll also have a short story in the Legend Mirror available to read soon for anyone interested.

I have very little other news this week but THE WANDERING IS OUT TOMORROW!!! Huzzah!


No comments:

Post a Comment