15 September 2014

Reading round up (43)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. I am so tired this week.


8th September

Currently reading: 
Scarlet | Marissa Meyer
Current page/percent: page 242
Read today: 242 pages
Thoughts: This was pretty good at the beginning but now it's AWESOME. I am thoroughly in love with Wolf and I'm breezing through this book.

9th September

Currently reading: 
Scarlet | Marissa Meyer
Current page/percent: page 452
Read today: 210 pages
Thoughts: That was AWESOME. I love Wolf and Scarlet my babies.

10th September


I started The Fall by Bethany Griffin (42%) and while I like how the storytelling flips between years of the protag's life, this is pretty trippy and weird and confusing. I get that it's supposed to be like that but ... I don't know if I like it.

11th September

Currently reading: 
The Fall by Bethany Griffin
Current page/percent: 100%
Read today: 58%
Thoughts: I flew through this on Pure Determination. I was only about 40% interested in the story. I like the tone and atmosphere but the story and the characters ... nah.

12th September


Started Darkest Mercy, the last Wicked Lovely book because I think I'm finally emotionally ready. This book is so short, though, for a final book and it's making me nervy. And I've read 188 pages of it in one day. It's not long enough!!

13th September



Finished Darkest Mercy (139 pages) and there wasn't enough book for my liking. It felt like the second half of a book but without the build up. I also vaguely started Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (6%).


14th September

Currently reading: 
Snow Like Ashes | Sarah Raasch
Current page/percent: 21%
Read today: 16%
Thoughts: I literally can't get over the named. Oktuber. I MEAN!!!


Books finished this week: 3
(I'm reading too much and getting no work done. Dammit.)




The Lost Locket of Lahari | Various
I enjoyed Erica Crouch's Madly, Deeply and I've been meaning to read Ruth Silver's books for what feels like forever, so I of course jumped on this. Not sure about the cover, though. There's something squinty about that font and the acid yellow.


The Walled City | Ryan Graudin
I requested this AGES ago and I just got approved. I'm a little bitter (since I have a tonne to review next month) but still excited to read it.

I have three deadlines this week and I'm exhausted and I quit being an author.

Also I went to Skipton castle and it was huge and medieval and fancy. Here's a picture of me stood in the chapel, insulting my stupid phone camera for not working :)



And last but very much not least - REMEMBER MEEEE FOR CENTURIIIIES. I'm so excited about this new song. 

1 comment:

  1. YAY for SCARLET. I loved that book so much. Mainly because of Wolf, but heaps of other reasons, as well. I think Scarlet herself is so badass and I love that she was such a hero in this book. You go girl, save your grandmere.

    For some reason, even though I really liked WICKED LOVELY and *adored* INK EXCHANGE, I never finished that series! I own the entire set, though, so maybe I should just binge read.

    Oh, yay for THE LOST LOCKET OF LAHARI. I've been pretty keen to read that because I am more than slightly obsessed with Erica Crouch and her writing. I'm not sure about the cover, either, though. I like the background image but I think the title could be in a nice font + cover.

    Anyway, I hope you make your deadlines, Saruuh, and happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete