21 April 2014

Reading round up (23)

Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress and my thoughts on each book as I read it. I have a tonne of novellas so I'm hoping to read a few of those, along with some galleys. I'm super behind with galleys.

14th April

Finished Proxy (30% read) and let's not ever talk about that ending okay. What the hell happened?


15th April

Current page/percent: 27%
Read today: 27%
Thoughts: Woah. What a way to start. So happy this didn't disappoint.


16th April

Current page/percent: 45%
Read today: 18%
Thoughts: Yeah. Pretty great. Maybe a bit droning, but hoping it's gonna change. It feels as if the character is just going through the motions.


17th April

Current page/percent: 77%
Read today: 32%
Thoughts: This got better. I think the dialogue and interaction makes this book a bit more compelling. If it had been Avene on her own, I think I'd have been irritated by her by now.


18th April

Finished The Headhunters Race (22% read), and read a further 5% of Defy by Sarah. B. Larson, taking me to 9%, though it looks like I'll be abandoning it for a few days, since Dreams of Gods and Monster came!!


19th April

Went out to see Bayside today so didn't read anything at all. Bayside were awesome, if you were wondering. In other news: I am now starting Dreams of Gods and Monsters.


20th April

Current page/percent: page 75
Read today: 75 pages
Thoughts: Ooh I like this new character. I have a theory she's one of the Godstars, and that they left to be hidden on Earth. Lets see if I'm right.

Books finished this week: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment