20 April 2014

Challenges galore!

Is it already halfway through April? What is happening to this year - it's just flying. I thought, since the first quarter of the year has passed, that I'd write an update on my reading challenges. 

At the beginning of the year I took on five challenges - two reading bingos, two of my own goal challenges, and a challenge over at Worlds Without End. I think I'm doing pretty great so far. While I may be behind on my overall goal, I'm much better than I thought I would be on the individual challenges.

Bingo 1


This is one of the challenges I think I'm doing pretty awesome with. Not to brag or anything. I've read 9 books towards it and have completed about a quarter ish, if my maths is correct (which it probably is not...) so I'm on track to finish on time.


Here are the books I've read:

The Immortal Rules | Julie Kagawa
Sworn To Raise | Terah Edun
The Castle Behind Thorns | Merrie Haskell
Rebel | Amy Tintera
Proxy | Alex London
Fragile Eternity | Melissa Marr
Radiant Shadows | Melissa Marr
Stolen Songbird | Danielle. L. Jensen
Black Dog | Rachel Neumeier

Bingo 2


11 books down!! Only 13 to go. This is by far my favourite bingo of all time. Each square is different and inventive. Here are the books I've read:

The Murder Complex | Lindsay Cummings
Riot | Sarah Mussi
The Blood List | Sarah Naughton
Ignite Me | Tahereh Mafi
Altered | Jennifer Rush
The Vanishing Season | Jodi Lynn Anderson
Daughter of Smoke and Bone | Laini Taylor
Infinityglass | Myra McEntire
The Gathering Dark | Leigh Bardugo
Days of Blood and Starlight | Laini Taylor
The Winner's Curse | Marie Rutkoski

Science Fiction challenge

This is one of the goals I set for myself. I want to read 10 sci fi books by the end of the year. So far I have read:

1 - Infinityglass | Myra McEntire
2 - Erased | Jennifer Rush
3 - Rebel | Amy Tintera
4 - The Murder Complex | Lindsay Cummings

Dystopia challenge

Another challenge I set for myself to make myself actually read the dystopic books on my shelves, specifically 25 books. As you can see, I'm doing shit on this challenge. Here's what I've read:

1 - Riot | Sarah Mussi
2 - Ignite Me | Tahereh Mafi
3 - The Immortal Rules | Julie Kagawa
4 - Proxy | Alex London

Women writers of genre fiction challenge


I haven't done so good with this one, mostly because there's only a few specific women writers listed on the Worlds Without End database and the books I've been writing aren't listed. But I have read:

1 - Laini Taylor (Daughter of Smoke & Bone)

General stats:

Books read as of 20/4: 21
Did not finish: 6
Series started: 9
Series completed: 4
Favourite so far: Daughter of Smoke & Bone / Days of Blood & Starlight | Laini Taylor
Least favourite so far: The Blood List | Sarah Naughton

No comments:

Post a Comment