14 April 2014

Reading round up (22)

Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress and my thoughts on each book as I read it. *drops down dead* I'm not sure what my life even is at this point. I need another Rosamund Hodge book to read.


7th April

I don't know what I'm doing. I'm still hung over from DoSaB, and Gilded Ashes, and now The Winner's Curse. So I started The Gathering Dark (Shadow & Bone) by Leigh Bardugo (50 pages). I really like it so far, though I don't love it, which I expected to. The world building is great though.

8th April

Currently reading: The Gathering Dark | Leigh Bardugo
Current page/percent: page 127
# of pages/percentage read today: 77 pages
Thoughts: Love Alina, love the Darkling. But not as enamoured as I thought I'd be.

9th April

Currently reading: The Gathering Dark | Leigh Bardugo
Current page/percent: page 230
# of pages/percentage read today: 103 pages
Thoughts: Loving the Darkling's irredeemable evil. Hoping he doesn't turn good in the next two books!

10th April

Finished The Gathering Dark. It wasn't as epic or sweeping as I hoped it would be, but it was still pretty amazing and I can't wait to read the next book in series. I also started reading 57 Lives of Alex Wayfare again and it's much better now I'm patient enough to stick with it.

11th April

Current page/percent: 29%
# of pages/percentage read today: 10%
Thoughts: I'm still not completely into this. Sensing a 3 star review. It's alright though, I like it well enough.

12th April

So I read Night of Cake and Puppets by Laini Taylor (100%) because I NEED DREAMS OF GODS AND MONSTERS ALREADY. I'm so impatient. Can it be next week already? (or better yet: can I live in the US so I can have already got it? If with a sub-beautiful cover because ours are SO much nicer, but I'll settle!!)

13th April

I've lost interest in 57 Lives at 33%. I just don't think this book is for me right now. Maybe in the future, I'll read it and love it. But any time soon? Nope. So I carried on reading Proxy by Alex London to 70% (24% read). I like it but I don't love it right now.


Books finished this week: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment