1 January 2014

Reflections and reading goals.

Happy new year, folks. It seems like everyone's had a crappy 2013, so I'm glad that's gone forever.


Okay so 2013 wasn't so bad. I published The Forgotten and a bunch of people have read and enjoyed it. I published a number of short stories and novellas too. I wrote a novel in a completely new genre for me and learned a lot about how I write because of it. I made some great friends, started this blog, began to use Goodreads daily to track my reading and meet like-minded people. And on top of that I read some truly amazing books. So I suppose it was an alright year. But this year I'm aiming for spectacular and  - dare I say - happy. (Since 2013 was a shitty personal year for me, and for my family too.)

2013

Novels read: 60
Pages read: 31,090
5 star ratings: 35
New-to-me authors: 29
Longest books read: The Host | Stephenie Meyer (617 pages), Clockwork Princess | Cassandra Clare (568 pages)

Favourite stand alone:

Cruel Beauty | Rosamund Hodge
The Coldest Girl In Coldtown | Holly Black

Favourite series:

The Demon's Lexicon | Sarah Rees Brennan
Wicked Lovely | Melissa Marr
Under The Never Sky | Veronica Rossi
Mara Dyer | Michelle Hodkin

Favourite series starters:

Icons | Margaret Stohl
Altered | Jennifer Rush
Gameboard of The Gods | Richelle Mead
Avalon | Mindee Arnett

Favourite series sequels:

World After | Susan Ee
Unravel Me | Tahereh Mafi
Crown of Midnight | Sarah. J. Maas
Rebel Spring | Morgan Rhodes
Untold | Sarah Rees Brennan
The Dream Thieves | Maggie Stiefvater

Favourite series enders:

Champion | Marie Lu
Clockwork Princess | Cassandra Clare
Into The Still Blue | Veronica Rossi

Favourite debut authors:

Page Morgan
Amy Tintera
Cristin Terill

2014

goals

- read 85 novels and 15 short stories/novellas
- read 25 dystopia/post-apocalyptic novels
- schedule blog posts regularly and remember to post weekly features
- review everything I read (I'm mostly doing this now anyway, but I miss some reviews)
- get through my to-read pile !! This is especially important because I have three piles.
- Make blogger friends!! Or, y'know, actually talk to people. I'm gonna start by commenting on people's posts.


~Saruuh

No comments:

Post a Comment