20 January 2014

Reading round up (10)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress and my thoughts on each book as I read it. Praying I finish Black Dog this week. I need a reading miracle. 


13th January

Currently reading: Black Dog | Rachel Neumeier
The Vanishing Season | Jodi Lynn Anderson
Current page/percent: 41// 100%
# of pages/percentage read today: 0% // 50%
Thoughts:The Vanishing Season is stark and heartbreaking. Liked it a lot.


14th January

Read 20% of Black Dog today, taking me to 61%. I feel like I should have finished this book 10% ago; it's really slow to read and really long, and the chapters are as long as two usually are. It's getting much better since the pace has picked up, though. I adore Alejandro, like Miguel, Ezekiel, and Grayson, though I'm still not very connected with Natividad herself. I like her well enough but I don't really care about her too much. The magic and refreshing werewolf lore in this book is brilliant, though.

15th January

Currently reading: Black Dog | Rachel Neumeier
Current page/percent: 78%
# of pages/percentage read today: 17%
Thoughts: I'm really starting to like this a lot. I LOVE Ezekiel.

16th January

Currently reading: Black Dog | Rachel Neumeier
Current page/percent: 100%
# of pages/percentage read today: 22%
Thoughts: I really loved this in the end. Pleeease let there be a second book.

17th January

Started reading Infinityglass by Myra McEntire today. It's the last book in her Hourglass series and I'm actually quite sad to end it, though I only read the previous books at the end of last year. How horrible it must be for people who've followed it since Hourglass was first released.

Infinityglass is great so far. It has the same high stakes, same humour, and same heart as the other books, despite the change in POV. I really like Dune so this should be good. Currently at 16%.

18th January

Currently reading: Infinityglass | Myra McEntire
Current page/percent: 21%
# of pages/percentage read today: 5% 
Thoughts: having a crappy reading day today, tbh. My cat's ill so we had to take him to the vets.

19th January

Currently reading: Infinityglass | Myra McEntire
Current page/percent: 21% 
# of pages/percentage read today: 0% 
Thoughts: N/A

Books finished this week: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment