23 February 2015

Reading round up (66)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week.



16th February


I finished A Magic Dark and Bright (19% read) and THAT ENDING!!! How cruel you are, Jenny Adams Perinovic! I need the next book right now.

I also started The Distance Between Lost and Found by Kathryn Holmes which was kind of a wildcard pick for me. I love the cover, was interested in the blurb (although put off by it being a contemporary and my general non-enjoyment of those...) but it could have gone either way. Happily, the survival element of the story is PREVALENT and it's AWESOME. I love this, how the MC has been silenced by a reputation she didn't earn, the exploration of male and female voices and which are heard or ignored, and also the fact it's set in a Wild Mountain Landscape. Uber cool. I read 58% in one sitting.

17th February


I finished The Distance Between Lost and Found and it was harrowing and left a hollow feeling in me

I started Suspicion by Alexandra Monir (81 pages) but I'm not sure what to think yet. I like the aristocracy thing but not sure about the MC, whose voice has changed like 3 times I swear.

Because I reckon Suspicion will be a slow read for me, I also started Nightbird by Alice Hoffman (33%), which is odd and maybe boring (I can't tell) but may turn out fairly good. As someone who enjoys middle grade, I haven't enjoyed the past 3 I've read. Which is fair upsetting.

18th February

I finished Nightbird (67%), which was pretty sweet if slow the whole way through. Didn't reeeeeeeeally like it, but didn't hate it either.

19th February

I read 22 pages of Suspicion. The more insults that are thrown at England and the English, the less patience and enthusiasm I have with this. Thought it'd be Amazing but so far it's kind of Alright. 

I had hoped to cut Suspicion with Bound By Prophecy by Melissa Wright, my first Saruuh explores NA read, but I read the entire thing in one sitting (252 pages). Oops. It is SO GOOD. My first NA novel and it blew me away. Crazy, insane, wildly good urban fantasy with characters that I adore!!

20th February

Abandoning Suspicion for now because it's not holding my attention or interest and I'm low on patience. However, I am ADDICTED to the Descendants series. I read Shifting Fate by Melissa Wright. All 214 pages of it. What an exciting, romantic, thrilling series!!!!

21st February


I read 80% of Reign of Shadows, the last in the Descendants series. So far I can't stand Callan but that's to be expected. What's his deal with trying to 'help' Brianna. More like trying to own her.

22nd February


Finished Reign of Shadows (20%) and it was a great ending to the series!! Even if the end of the book did feel a little rushed and I kept expecting more conflict.

I also started Crow Moon by Anna McKerrow (read 82 pages) and it's really interesting!! The MC is a guy of colour and it's set in Devon and Cornwall which is uber cool.

Books finished this week: 6
Books DNF'd this week: 1


A Vision for the Future | Melissa Wright
King of Ash and Bone | Melissa Wright
Shifting Fates | Melissa Wright
Reign of Shadows | Melissa Wright
Sooooooo I adored Bound By Prophecy and went and downloaded everything I could get my hands on by Melissa Wright. I plan to read Frey and buy the rest of the series if I love it ASAP!! I can't wait to start Shifting Fate and Reign of Shadows, and the other two sound suitably exciting!!

A Magic Dark and Bright (scheduled for 25th April)
The Distance Between Lost and Found
Nightbird (scheduled for TOMORROW)
Bound by Prophecy (scheduled for March 7th)
Shifting Fate (scheduled for March 10th)
Reign of Shadows (scheduled for March 12th)

No comments:

Post a Comment