26 February 2015

Most Anticipated of 2015: The Wondrous and The Wicked

I wanted to talk about the books I'm dying to have, but since I don't do the WoW weekly feature I don't really have somewhere to talk about those books. So these posts were born. It'll be a series of 6-10 posts, since I haven't decided how many I want to talk about, and they should be up every Friday as a temporary feature.

Today I'm going to talk about
The Wondrous and The Wicked by Page Morgan
expected April 14th


For fans of Lauren Kate's Fallen series comes the exciting conclusion to the trilogy that includes The Beautiful and the Cursed and The Lovely and the Lost. The Waverly sisters must save themselves before all is lost.

Since the Waverlys arrived in Paris, the streets have grown more fearsome by the day. As Ingrid learns to master her lectrux gift, she must watch Axia's power grow strong enough to extend beyond her Underneath hive. By all indications, the fallen angel's Harvest is near-and the timing couldn't be worse.

Targeted by vengeful gargoyles, Gabby has been exiled to London for her own protection. Meanwhile, the gargoyle castes are in disarray, divided between those who want Luc to lead them and those who resent him and his fondness for humans. The Alliance is crumbling from the inside as well, its members turning against one another, and possibly against the Waverlys, too.

Axia has promised that the world will burn. And now, unable to trust the Alliance, separated from Luc, Gabby, and her twin, Grayson, Ingrid is left to face the demon uprising alone.


That recommendation is a little crazy. This series is a hundred times better than the Fallen series. Seriously. Given the last blurb had Gabby in an eye patch, I don't put much stock in these blurbs. Love the covers, though. Kinda scared to see what cover we'll get, since the UK Dispossessed covers are hit or miss for me.

I NEED this book. This is one of my favourite series ever. The romance, the lush historical period, the glitter and magic of it all - reading these books is a glorious indulgence and I can't wait for The Wondrous and The Wicked!



No comments:

Post a Comment