16 February 2015

Reading round up (65)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week.


9th February


I'm dangerously close to a book slump right now, with Skylark not being what I expected (a kinda flat fantasy instead of an awesome sci-fi - the title sounds totally sci-fi to me) and The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest being murderously slow

So I started Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent because I love this series and know it'll make me feel better. I read 148 pages, and the text is pretty tiny. Feels US formatted, different from the rest of the UK ones :/ Still loving this book, though.

10th February


Currently Reading: Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent
Current page/percent: page 280
Read today: 132 pages
Thoughts: my poor bb Alec. You were too pure for this world.

11th February


Finished Before I Wake (59 pages) and it was amazing and painful

I also read Never To Sleep (62 pages), Sophie's novella and really enjoyed it. I liked seeing the Netherworld for the first time again and learning more about Sophie.

As well as that, I DNF'd Toxic Love by Jax Garren which was really bad.

12th February

Eh, I might abandon Skylark. I don't love it. I'm not sure I even like it. Instead of reading that, I started The Replaced by Kimberly Derting (36% read), sequel to the hella cool alien abduction aftermath (triple A?) novel The Taking!

13th February

Happy Galentines day, people!! I hope you spent today expressing love to your best lady friends.

Current page/percent: 100%
Read today: 64%
Thoughts: Oop I read a tonne of this. It was good but also had a love triangle with a threatening, domineering guy. Hopefully this is fixed in book 3.

14th February


I started Endangered by Lamar Giles (19% read) Ordinarily I wouldn't have picked this up or requested it but the POC on the cover and the blurb got my attention. Sadly, it was boring and the MC made really bad decisions. And was kind of a horrible person. She thinks she's a vigilante but really she's just a bitch. So I DNF this one.

But I started A Magic Dark and Bright by Jenny Adams Perinovic (27%) which is HOLY HELL AWESOME!!! The characters are cute. The gothic-ness of it is creepy and lush and I am loving these glimpses into the past!!

15th February


Current page/percent: 81%
Read today: 54%
Thoughts: READ THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW!!!

Books finished this week: 3
Books DNF'd this week: 3


Crow Moon | Anna McKerrow
SO excited for this one. Witches!!! Boys that have no interest in being witches but when disaster strikes, they're made to face up to their witchy ways!!! Sounds so good. Major thanks to Quercus for sending me a beautiful ARC of this one.


The Replaced (scheduled for 18th April)

No comments:

Post a Comment