2 February 2015

Reading round up (63)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week.


26th January


I started Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers (18% read). I adored Grave Mercy, and have a hunch the love interest in this is my darling De Waroch, so I'm hoping to enjoy this!

27th January


Currently Reading: Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
Current page/percent: 66%
Read today: 48%
Thoughts: SCREAMING BECAUSE SYBELLA/BEAST!! He keeps blushing and getting embarrassed and he is this HUGE HULKING MAN and it is fricking adorable. I didn't wanna put this down to go to bed!

28th January


Finished Dark Triumph (34% read) and I am still screaming about Sybella and Beast. Those little glimpses of Duval and Isme were lovely too!! For such a dark, gut-punch of a series, it really is cute in parts.

29th January

Quickly read the end of Avalon by Mindee Arnett (163 pages) because I've been neglecting it and I'm not sure if I'll have time to finish properly. 

I also attempted to start Switched by Amanda Hocking (47 pages read) but a noxious combination of insta-love, stalking, and a lack of self preservation turned me off pretty quick. 

So I'm now reading Stitching Snow by R. C. Lewis (28 pages) instead and I'm having much better luck with this.

30th January


Currently Reading: Stitching Snow by R. C. Lewis
Current page/percent: page 152
Read today: 124 pages
Thoughts: LOVING THIS!! It's got parts of Cinder, parts of Cress, and something entirely new.

31st January


Currently Reading: Stitching Snow by R. C. Lewis
Current page/percent: page 213
Read today: 48%
Thoughts: I love Dane, I love Essie, I love Dimwit, I love everyone. READ THIS BOOK.

1st February


I finished Stitching Snow (125 pages) and I adored it. The end made me cry like a moron over a robot being proud of Essie. Oh Stitching Snow, what have thou done to me?

Books finished this week: 3
Books DNF'd this week: 1


Silent Blade | Ilona Andrews
Monster | Carmen Caine
Clearly I am craving revenge-based urban fantasy. Been wanting to read something of Ilona Andrews for a while and that novella was cheap. Monster sounds pretty cool, as well, even if the cover is dubious.

Monster | Carmen Caine
Jenny was kind enough to give me a review copy of this and I am realllly excited to start reading it!!!

I also got a handful of free NA genre novels, since I'm attempting an experiment to see if there's any decent fantasy/sci-fi NA! More on this later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment