9 February 2015

Reading round up (64)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week.


2nd February


I started The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson because I am impatient to read this and still craving historical romance after Dark Triumph. I read 22% and I don't LOVE it yet. Just wishing something pivotal would happen.

I also read half of Periwinkle Cove by Cassandra Pierce, which was a disappointing story. Read my review here.

3rd February


Didn't read any of The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest because I wasn't in the mood. I started Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan (36 pages) because I wanted something sci-fi. It's pretty interesting so far.

4th February


Read 102 pages of Glow and 7% of The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest. I'm kinda pissed and impatient because I JUST got approved a galley of ACOTAR and I JUST started Glow and I need to read ACOTAR!! But Glow is SO GOOD. Body autonomy issues!!!!!! IN SPACE!!!!!!!

5th February

Finished Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan (237 pages read), and it was so so good. I HIGHLY recommend this. Sci-fi that deals with very important issues.

6th February


Read A Heart For Copper by Sharon Lynn Fisher and it was a cute story, but really short. Choose your own adventure, tho!!! So cool. I need more of these.

I also started Skylark by Meagan Spooner, a book I've been wanting to read for years that I now finally own!!! This is pretty interesting and I've only read 21 pages.

7th February


I read 30 pages of Skylark and I've not got into this yet. I also read 25% of The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest which IS STILL NOT PICKING UP THE PACE. Yes, it's historical, which are always a change of pace, but it's the slowest I've read in my life. I don't wanna DNF it but I'm at 57% and nothing major has happened.

8th February


Currently Reading: Skylark by Meagan Spooner
Current page/percent: 96
Read today: 45 pages
Thoughts: I can see where this is going and what I've read isn't bad, but I'm STILL not into it.

Books finished this week: 2
Books DNF'd this week: 1


I had the best week for review copies, and I got my first ARC!! I'm gonna start requesting a select few physical ARCs that I'm dying to get my hands on so you can expect to see me freaking over those in the future. Here's what I got this week:

Gates of Thread and Stone | Lori M. Lee
The Infinite | Lori M. Lee
I AM SCREAMING BECAUSE I CAN FINALLY READ THIS SERIES!!! I HAVE FRIENDS WHO ADORE IT AND I'VE BEEN COVETING IT FOR SO LONG. I am happy. So, so happy.

A Court of Thorns and Roses | Sarah J. Maas
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*SCREAMING THAT CAN BE HEARD A THOUSAND MILES AWAY*

A School for Unusual Girls | Kathleen Baldwin
Thanks to Tor Teen for this beauty. It's so preeeeeeeetty. And regency era fiction!!!!! Y'all know that's my fave era.

Glow
A Heart for Copper (scheduled for March 31st)

No comments:

Post a Comment