30 June 2014

Reading round up (32)

Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress and my thoughts on each book as I read it. If I finish Mila 2.0 and Queen of The Tearling, it'll be a goddamned miracle.


23rd June

So I finished Queen of The Tearling (somehow I read 30% in one day; it almost killed me), and because I was quite disappointed with the epic fantasy-ness of it, I started The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke (15%), which I ADORE already. The voice is just lovely and unique and full of character.

24th June
Current page/percent: 64%
Read today: 49%
Thoughts: Guess who's put Mila 2.0 on the back burner? Yep. It's me. I really love The Assassin's Curse though. <3______<3 Breezing through it and I don't want it to end. The romance is slaying me.

25th June

Finished The Assassin's Curse (36%), and went straight into The Pirate's Wish (25% read). I'm gonna have to buy both these books, and Clarke's new book (even though the second in the duology won't ever be released) because I'm in love with her writing and world building and just EVERYTHING. Highly recommend, best series I've read all year, tied with Falling Kingdoms for my fave high fantasy.

26th June
Current page/percent: 78%
Read today: 53%
Thoughts: I'm going to cry.


27th June
Current page/percent: 100%
Read today: 23%
Thoughts: That ending was both upsetting and hopeful. I am SO sad to say goodbye to these books even though I only started reading them five days ago. They've proper found their way into my heart. 

28th June

Started Elusion (24%). Not sure how I feel about it so far. I can see it's going to fall into the best friend in love with the protag, protag in love with hot new guy trope. 

29th June
Elusion is boring me, Mila 2.0 is boring me, So I started Beware The Wild by Natalie C. Parker. I've read 32% of it and already it's freaking awesome.

Books finished this week: 3
(1/2 miracles accomplished!! AW YEAH)






~

Books added to my collection:

Skulk | Rosie Best
Cracked | Eliza Crewe
This Is Not A Test | Courtney Summers

I can't even talk about Strange Chemistry going down or I'll cry. I'm very upset. I'm going to be buying up every SC book in the next few months, both as protest and because I have to while they're still available. Also This Is Not  A Test was a pound so ... 

(I am now OFFICIALLY on a book buying ban until August. Kindle cheapies don't count, but I can't buy ANY paperbacks. I need to make a dent in the ones I already have!!!)

Queen of The Dark Things | C. Robert Cargill

I won this on Goodreads from Gollancz (God bless you Gollancz) and I'm very excited to have it. I need to read the first book though.

Illusions of Fate | Kiersten White

And I got this for review from HarperTeen. Aw yiss. Been waiting for this for EVER.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I did finish Mila 2.0 and I liked it I guess, I finished it at least, but it was just a middle-ground one for me. Thought it was going to be more badass than it actually was. Aaaand don't even get me started on Elusion. I won't say anything. I won't say anything. I won't say- AIFNKFKENRGNEGKNSF. Yay for Beware the Wild though! So can't wait to start it (and the cover is freaking amazing). AND ILLUSIONS OF FATE! Really enjoyed the Mind Games series, so hoping it's as awesome as it sounds. :)

    ReplyDelete