16 June 2014

Reading round up (30)

Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress and my thoughts on each book as I read it. I have officially been completing this reading journal for 30 WEEKS!! Woot woot!



9th June

Current page/percent: 59%
Read today: 36%
Thoughts: The cover of this book has more of an urban fantasy vibe than sci fi dystopian. And the book itself is ALL OVER the place. Is it fantasy? It is sci fi? Post apoc? Idk man. I love genre mashing, but this is confusing as hell. And backstory is dumped in five chapters at a time like ... what?? Was that necessary? Man, I'm bored and just skipping huge paragraphs at a time.


10th June

The Immortal Crown is here to save me from dreariness of Ashala Wolf. *hugs the book forever* I've been waiting for you for fourteen months!!! (IN AZKABAN!!!) I read 26 pages of The Immortal Crown, and 16% of Ashala Wolf because I'm trying desperately to finish it. NGL, I'm so bored of it and wishing it was over.

11th June

Skipped the end of Ashala Wolf. I don't care if anyone dies, so why would I bother finishing it? I read Dress Your Marines In White by Emmy Laybourne, a complete train wreck of a novella, with bonus racist content and WTF flash backs (32 pages). So I read The Rise of The Hotel Dumort by Cassandra Clare & Maureen Johnson (61 pages) to make myself feel better. I'm finding Johnson's writing style less abrasive than I have before, so maybe now is finally the time to give Shades of London another try!! I also read 56 pages of The Immortal Crown and loving it. Can't wait for all the tense action to kick in.


12th June

Current page/percent: page 200
Read today: 118 pages
Thoughts: Ugh. These morons, I swear to God. Stop keeping secrets!!!

13th June
Current page/percent: page 256
Read today: 56 pages
Thoughts: Oh, it's getting worse. Much worse. My poor, fragile heart. TALK TO EACH OTHER!!!!

14th June

I read The Fall of The Hotel Dumort, the last of my Bane Chronicles (40 pages) and it was really great. Loved it. Well, except for Camille. Also read 28 pages of The Immortal Crown. Didn't get too much read today, because of the tennis and the football, but I'm still liking The Immortal Crown, especially now there's a bit more action building.

15th June

Finished The Immortal Crown, reading 105 pages. Didn't love it as much as Gameboard of The Gods, but still loved it a lot. Especially those idiot two characters. The ending pretty much broke me.

Books finished this week: 5

~

Books added to my collection:

  
The Fall of The Hotel Dumort | Cassandra Clare & Maureen Johnson
Madly, Deeply | Erica Crouch
Beware The Wild | Nathalie. C. Parker

The price finally dropped on the last Bane Chronicle I need so I'm happy about that. And Erica Crouch comes highly recommended by a blogger whose opinion I value. Pretty happy to be approved for this RC, especially because it's Poe inspired!! I was waiting for the first reviews before I got a copy of Beware the Wild, and all I've seen are glowing reviews so I'm taking a chance on it.


 What's Left of Me | Kat Zhang
Perfect Ruin | Lauren DeStefano

These were both £0.99 on Kindle. Aw yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Been wanting Perfect Ruin for decades now and everyone rates Kat Zhang's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment