23 June 2014

Book blogger tag post.

Aw yisss, questions to answer. Questions are my favourite things. I was tagged by this lovely lady a few days ago, and I've been having camera drama for a while. But I finally got a shiny new one for my trip to London, so enjoy the messy bookshelf photos below.

What are your top three book pet hates?

Not enough world building. I LOVE world building and new settings, so when there isn't enough of it it just annoys me.

Bizarre concepts thrown in where they don't go. (I recently read a post apoc with a talking snake in it ... and dinosaurs. I mean really!)

Run of the mill love interests. I think this one speaks for itself.

Describe your perfect reading spot. 

I'll read literally anywhere. Literally. But a reading spot in one of my favourite places would be lovely - either London or Cardiff bay.

    Tell us three book confessions.

    I always read the endings when I'm halfway through. (eek!)

    I have a terrible habit of bending the spines.

    I'm biased against contemporary, and won't even give fluffy romance a chance. I don't like the genre as a whole, so won't read any.

    When was the last time you cried during a book?

    Ugh, page 625 of City of Heavenly Fire.

      How many books are on your bedside table?


      I actually have books on my bed. I have a double, and I don't take up much room, so ...

      I have 4 research books (for The Legend Mirror), Heart of London which I like to dip into briefly before bed, Batman Arkham Asylum, and The Fiery Heart which I appear to have abandoned. 

        What is your favourite snack whilst your reading?

        Noo, absolutely not. I don't eat and read.

          Name three books you would recommend to everyone.

          The Scorpio Races | Maggie Stiefvater
          The Demon's Lexicon | Sarah Rees Brennan
          Daughter of Smoke & Bone | Laini Taylor

            Show us a picture of your favourite bookshelf on your bookcase.

            I have like ... three. If I had to pick ONE, it'd be this one:


            But I also love these two:


            Write how much books mean to you in just three words.

            My entire heart.

            What is your biggest reading secret?

            I literally can't think of one. Oops.

              TAG – You’re it!

              I literally don't follow that many people with book blogs, and those I do have mostly already done this, so - I'm tagging:

              Stasia, and Jen

              Because I can, basically.

              4 comments:

              1. How do you not eat and read, though? Sometimes I /pee/ and read, for crying out loud.

                ReplyDelete
              2. Talking snakes! Because they're normal. Considering I live in Cardiff, I haven't been down the bay that much, mainly more when I was younger than now. I used to avoid all types of contemporary, they had to be pretty special ones for me to read them, haha. But now? Yup, I love them. Especially fluffy ones. But they have to be special fluffy ones. You know, special fluffy ones with personality. I think I'm going to hate where CoHF is going to go, for me it's ended after #3. Might leave it like it, haha. I've read The Demon's Lexicon, which I loved, but haven't finished the series yet. Buuuuut, so much Sarah Rees Brennan love <3

                ReplyDelete
                Replies
                1. You NEEEED to finish The Demon's Lexicon series. They get better with each book, and there's a certain rooftop scene in book two that's my favourite scene in any book ever :)

                  Delete