7 June 2014

City of Heavenly Fire (Mini review)

The Mortal Instruments: City of Heavenly Fire | Cassandra Clare
Published by: Walker Books, May 28th 2014
Genre: YA, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal
Pages: 733
Format: (Colossal) Paperback
Source: Bought

Lives will be lost, love sacrificed, and the whole world changed in the sixth and last instalment of the internationally bestselling The Mortal Instruments series.

Erchomai, Sebastian had said. I am coming.

Darkness returns to the Shadowhunter world. As their society falls apart around them, Clary, Jace, Simon and their friends must band together to fight the greatest evil the Nephilim have ever faced: Clary's own brother. Nothing in this world can defeat him - must they journey to another world to find the chance?




I knew CoHF was going to ruin me, but I completely failed to anticipate how happy it would make me feel. Throughout reading this enormous book I had a feeling I can only describe as warmth. I love this series, and all the characters (and its morally black villain) so damned much, and while I wasn't, could never be, ready to say goodbye to them, this is a fitting ending for their story, and a fitting beginning for their futures. Loved it, hated it, want more.

Characters 
Setting/world building 
Writing Style ★★


3 comments:

  1. CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH THE SIMON THING HURT THOUGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't actually that upset by that. Oops.

      I like Simon well enough but I don't really love him, so ...

      Delete
    2. He's okay, but mostly what hurt me is that Izzy was finally getting someone to love AND THEN IT WAS RIPPED AWAY FROM HER

      Delete