9 June 2014

Reading round up (29)

Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress and my thoughts on each book as I read it. Predictions for this week: mostly crying.

2nd June

Current page/percent: page 348
Read today: 125 pages
Thoughts: *screams because Jem*


3rd June
Current page/percent: page 504
Read today: 156 pages
Thoughts: *screams because my bb Sebastian* You can't do this to ME! WHO ALLOWED YOU. I DIDN'T NEED TO SEE MY BB HAVING A HAPPY FAMILY LIFE AND PEOPLE WHO LOVED HIM AND SHOWED HIM WHAT REAL FAMILY WAS I DIDN'T NEED THIS. 

4th June

Current page/percent: page 543
Read today: 39 pages
Thoughts: Not much read but I'm really enjoying this (especially chapter 20 *wink, wink*), even if I'm wrecked to see the series end. It softens the blow a little knowing the characters will pop up in TDA and the newly announced Simon anthology.


5th June

Current page/percent: page 646
Read today: 103 pages
Thoughts: Full on sobbing because my baby. How could you do that to him, give him redemption and a moment of being who he should have been. That was awful. I'd rather he just died without all the prolonged torment. *angry crying*

6th June

Finished City of Heavenly Fire (87 pages), and just leave me here to die. Also what the council voted on about Helen and Mark was WAY out of order. Luckily it looks like Mark will be returned to the Blackthorns (judging by the leaf letter thing at the end.) BUT HELEN!!! (ALSO A SEVERE LACK OF JEM AT THE END. DON'T FUCK WITH ME ON THIS, HE BETTER MAKE APPEARANCES IN TDA TO SEE EMMA OR I'M STARTING A WAR OF MY OWN)

7th June

I read The Course of True Love (And First Dates) by Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan (40 pages). A lovely, embarrassing tale and just what I needed. Also Started The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf by Ambelin Kwaymullina (9%) and pretty interested to see where this goes.

8th June

I read What To Buy The Shadowhunter Who Has Everything, by Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan (40 pages), The Last Stand of The New York Institute (40 pages), and read a further 14% of Ashala Wolf.

Books finished this week: 4

(Can't you tell I'm reading TMI when I break out the angry caps lock.)

~

Books added to my collection:

 Two Lines | Melissa Marr
The Course of True Love (And First Dates) | Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan


 
What To Buy The Shadowhunter Who Has Everything | Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan
The Last Stand of the New York Institute | Cassandra Clare & Maureen Johnson & Sarah Rees Brennan

I sort of stopped reading the Bane chronicles, mostly because I didn't enjoy reading the ones co-written by Maureen Johnson, but I'm getting back into them now. And that Melissa Marr novella was cheap and is set in the WL world, so I'm happy to have found it!


The Darkest Minds | Alexandra Bracken
The Immortal Crown | Richelle Mead

God Bless I finally own these two. I've needed them both for SO LONG!! I could cry. (though I've done nothing but cry all week, thanks to CoHF, so I fancy a change. Maybe I'll scream about my new books instead.)

No comments:

Post a Comment