2 February 2014

Erased (mini review)

Altered: Erased | Jennifer Rush
Published by: Little, Brown Books, January 30th 2014
Genre: YA, Science Fiction, Thriller
Pages: 288
Format: Hardback
Source: Purchased

They thought they had escaped. They were wrong.

After fleeing the Branch with Sam, Cas, and Nick, Anna is trying to make sense of the memories resurfacing from her old life. At the same time, she's learning how to survive in hiding, following Sam's rules: Don't draw attention to yourself. Always carry a weapon. Know your surroundings. Watch your back.


Then a figure from Anna's childhood reappears. Is it a Branch setup, or could it be the reunion Anna has hoped for? Uncertain of where her loyalties lie, Anna must fight to learn the truth -- before she is betrayed again. Ultimately, the answers hinge on one question: What was the real reason her memories were erased?


Jennifer Rush delivers a thrilling sequel to Altered in a novel packed with mysteries, lies, and surprises that are sure to keep readers guessing until the last page is turned.




I would attempt to write a full review of Erased, but I won't be able to do it without rambling and screeching in text form. I LOVED Erased. Now, I loved Altered, but Erased was Altered times ten. It was intense and fast paced and driven by fatally high stakes. AND IT WAS SO EMOTIONAL GOD HELP ME. I'm in withdrawal now. The development of Anna and Nick's relationship was perfect (and everyone laughed when I said Anna/Nick was my OTP in the last book) and I just need more. Jennifer Rush is a goddamned genius and I would marry her if that were an option. I love these books and these characters so much. *cries into the night*

Characters ★★★★★
Setting/world building ★★
Writing Style ★★


1 comment:

  1. I LOVED it. But I swear, Cas gets underrated, and there just wasn't enough Cas in this one, boo. I would say the withdrawals get better, but yeah, LIES. I read it in like 3 hours over two days, but I just wanted to sit there and read it all in one go, but you know, the sad thing called life. :( But Anna's badass and ugh, so good. No coherent thoughts right now, haha. At least there's a third, whooo!

    ReplyDelete