30 March 2015

Reading round up (71)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week.


23rd March


Finished Beauty Awakened by Gena Showalter and all the things I didn't like about the first book were improved upon! Only 1 sex scene! And only one use of the word decadent (and even that was decadence, so it doesn't really count.) This book was just what I needed.

I also started Fire Study by Maria. V. Snyder (101 pages read!) which is ALREADY PERF. Somehow way better than Magic Study, so I guess I just didn't like the Keep. I'm really liking Moon Man, and loving Leif (Always loving Leif!)

And I read 12% of Of Sea and Stone by Kate Avery Ellison, a book I've recently had the urge to read for no good reason. So far Of Sea and Stone is alright, but I can tell it's just set up. Waiting for the good stuff! (Although loving the hate-hate relationship between the two MCs!!)

24th March


I read 51% of Of Sea and Stone and this went in a completely different direction than expected. Hate Nol. Not sure about the story. And I'd like the setting if it didn't have the feel of an ordinary city plonked underwater... And that's not even mentioning how the MC and her situation feel entirely disassociated... (A girl who hs been a slave her entire life, and been punished by her masters, would not just shrug off a mistake. She'd wait for the blows to fall.)

25th March

I finished Of Sea and Stone which
wasn't terrible but not good either, and I read 103 pages of Fire Study which is way better than Magic Study but I can't put my finger on what makes it so awesome.


26th March

I started Rite of Rejection by Sarah Negovetich (10% read.) It's a strange mash of futuristic dictatorship and 19th century traditions. I don't see how the US could have reverted to a 1800s society but I don't hate the idea of it.

I also read 72 pages of Fire Study, bringing me to 276. This book just gets better and better.

27th March

Had a strange day today so didn't get much read. I'm at 18% of Rite of Rejection (8% read today) and I don't know where this is going. Part of me likes it, part of me doesn't. I'm on page 396 of Magic Study (120 pages read) and this is perf. Valek almost dying and Lief being angry at Yelena both made me cry but it's still perf.

28th March


Finished Fire Study (45 pages) which was AMAZING. I am so glad I didn't read this series years ago, because now I have more Yelena and Valek to read!! <3

29th March


I read 23% of Death Marked by Leah Cypess which isn't as good as the first book so far :(
I also read Assassin Study by Maria. V. Snyder (15 pages) which was SO DAMN COOL. Valek POV makes my heart do a happy dance.

Books finished this week: 4
Books DNF'd this week: 0


 Witch Hunter | Virginia Boecker
Starborn | Lucy Hounsom
I AM SO DAMN HYPED TO HAVE THESE. ESPECIALLY STARBORN. THE PRECIOUSSSSSS.

I also got these AMAZON FREEBIES:


Of Sea and Stone (scheduled for April 1st)
Fire Study (date TBC)

No comments:

Post a Comment