2 March 2015

Reading round up (67)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week.


23rd February


I read some pages of Crow Moon by Anna McKerrow. Maybe ten. I didn't even record how many because it was so little. I also read 12% of Blades of Magic by Terah Edun because I have no idea why. Today was just a really weird reading day.

24th February


Taking a break from whatever the heck yesterday was to read The Buried Life by Carrie Patel (42% read). It's SO COOL!! Has a fantasy vibe but it's really unique - I love the underground city and I love the characters even more. I'm super into Roman, who might turn out to be a psychopath but hey. 

25th February

I read 14% of The Buried Life. Not as much as I'd hoped to read because I was busy with other things but I like this book, even though it has fallen into a sort of lull in the last ten percent.

26th February

Sooo close to finishing The Buried Life. I'm at 92%.

27th February

Finished The Buried Life. FINALLY. This book felt really long, and slow, and hard to get through but I enjoyed the world and the characters. The second half was weaker than the first though.

I also started The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg (71% read) and I love everything about it. The magic is so fun, Emery is adorable, I love the historical tone of it, and the quest is SO COOL. I don't wanna put it down!

28th February


Finished The Paper Magician (29%) and it stayed strong and awesome the whole way through!! And the trip through Emery's heart? Never read a thing like it before! So so good and undeniably unique. I am really happy I read this. I also started the next book, The Glass Magician (28% read) and I'm loving it.

As well as this, I read Justice Calling by Annie Bellet (119 pages) which was too short to be any good. It did have a Native American protag, though, which was cool!

I ALSO started Smoulder by Brenna Yovanoff (pages) because I couldn't find an UF book on my shelves and this was as close as I got. I really want another great urban fantasy like Melissa Wright's Descendants series, but I haven't had much look. Smoulder isn't bad so far - pretty intriguing.

29th February


Finished The Glass Magician (72% read) and I loved it. This series is co cute and whimsical and original. I need the next book ASAP!

Books finished this week: 4
Books DNF'd this week: 0


Blood Bound | Rachel Vincent
Shadow Bound | Rachel Vincent
You know Rachel Vincent is my fave. These were on sale on Kindle and I had to have them

A Furious Muse | A J Nuest
Everlasting | Candace Knoebel
The first was an impulse download. The second is for my NA project. Both were free :)
The Paper Magician (scheduled for March 3rd)
Justice Calling (scheduled for March 6th)
The Glass Magician (scheduled for March 13th)

No comments:

Post a Comment