16 March 2015

Reading round up (69)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week.


9th March


Was in London today for a short visit, so didn't get much read. Still, I read 10% of Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep, which is more than I expected.

10th March


Finished Cold Burn of Magic and I'm already looking forward to book two, Dark Heart of Magic!! This book was a fun, promising start to a new urban fantasy series.


I also started The Arctic Code by Matthew J. Kirby (20%) which I like so far! The MC is hella reckless which makes everything she's doing uber dangerous and stupid (and feels unrealistic to me but that's just her personality and I don't understand it I guess.)

11th March

I read 20% of The Arctic Code, which is pretty good. I also started Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter (19% read), a book I only got because it was £0.59, and it's SO GOOD. Amazing characters and world-building and hella hot angels!! As well as this, I read Lois Lane: A Real Work of Art by Gwenda Bond,
a fun little short.

12th March

I read 33% of Wicked Nights, bringing me to 52% and I'M LOVING IT. It's just the right amount of romance amongst all the action and demons!!

13th March

Read 26% of Wicked Nights and loving it. Just got to the exciting part and had to stop. Gah!!

14th March


Spent most of the day reading my first draft of The Dryad of Callaire and looking for inspiration to finish it, so I only read 13% of Wicked Nights, bringing me to 91%. I reeeeeeeeeeeally could have done without that last sex scene. It was boring and read like a dozen fanfics I've read, and with this being actually pubbed I expected better. Also how many times can you use decadent in one book??? That's taken it down at least half a star, probably a full star for me.

15th March


Finished Wicked Nights (9%) and started Death Sworn by Leah Cypess (113 pages.)

Books finished this week: 3
Books DNF'd this week: 0


Mira was having a kindle sale so I basically bought EVERYTHING. Aimee Carter's first two Blackcoat Rebellion books, Amanda Sun's Ink and the short story Shadow, Gena Showalter's first two White Rabbit Chronicles, her entire Angels of The Dark trilogy (which is SO GOOD!!), the first book of her Atlantis series, Unravelled (because I own the first in series!)

Lois Lane: A Real Work of Art | Gwenda Bond
The Waterborne Blade | Susan Murray
Galleys, galleys, galleys

Cold Burn of Magic (scheduled for 24th April)
The Arctic Code
Lois Lane: A Real Work of Art (scheduled for March 31st in a mini-reviews round up!)


No comments:

Post a Comment