9 March 2015

Reading round up (68)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week.


2nd March


I read 83 pages of Smoulder by Brenna Yovanoff and I'm loving this. In the last 20 or so pages I've found that Yovanoff magic I adored in The Replacement. Also Truman is veeeeeerry reminiscent of Cole from The Wolves of Mercy Falls series, with his self destructive tendencies. I'm gonna fall hard for him by the end, I can see it.

I also read 10% of Blades of Magic by Terah Edun, bringing me to 35%. It's taking me a while to read it but other than my slow progress, I don't mind it so far. I think I'll end up liking Ezekiel.

3rd March


Finished Smoulder (212 pages read) and the end ruined me. Like full on sobbing. This is a devastating book and induces awful emotions.

I also started Ferals by Jacob Grey (13%), which is fairly interesting so far. I like the crows and the escaped criminals.

4th March

I read 90 pages of Crow Moon by Anna McKerrow, bringing me to page 207. Gotta get my butt in gear and finish this by tomorrow! I'm liking it but I can't connect with the romance and that's dampening my enjoyment somewhat.

5th March

Finished Crow Moon (198 pages) and I'll be honest, I skimmed the last 100 pages. The characters don't do anything for me, even if I liked the magic and setting. I'd love the series to be from Melz POV.

I also read 2% of Blades of Magic and I'm not sure where this is going but sticking with it. That 2% felt like 10% though ... 

As well as this I read 42% of King of Ash and Bone by Melissa Wright because I need something guaranteed to be good to break up my mediocre reads RN.

6th March

Finished King of Ash and Bone and while I enjoyed it and didn't mind the characters, I didn't fall for them like Aern and Emily or Logan and Brianna, and actually some of the transitions between Earth and the dying lands confused the hell out of me. I couldn't see what was happening. Still a pretty awesome paranormal post-apocalyptic and I'd recommend it without question.

I also read a further 23% of Ferals, and I don't love it, but it's interesting.

7th March


I finished Ferals (60% read) and I know I said I liked the crows and escaped criminals but I thought this book would involve MORE than that... :/ I also started Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep (19% read). Fairly intriguing so far, despite the HUGE overload of information at the beginning.

8th March


I read 48% of Cold Burn of Magic, bringing me to 67%, and it's proper growing on me. Sad I won't have much opportunity to read it the next two days since I'm going to London.

Books finished this week: 4
Books DNF'd this week: 0



The Pyramids of London | Andrea K Host
Cold Burn of Magic | Jennifer Estep
Got these two beauties from Netgalley!! Excited to read them, as I've been meaning to read both the author's books for some time!

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't read any of the Winner's books! I keep seeing post for them literally everywhere, Crime this Curse this blah blah and I have no idea what all the fuss is about because I've been too lazy to read them. I'M SO BEHIND

    ReplyDelete