27 May 2014

Reading round up (27)

Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress and my thoughts on each book as I read it. Now I know I can read 170+ pages per day if I push myself, I'm gonna attempt to push myself more and finish some books I'm in the middle of.


19th May

Currently reading: The Fearless | Emma Pass
Current page/percent: 70%
Read today: 31%
Thoughts: Well this got about 300% better. Liking it now.

20th May

Finished The Fearless (30%) and reallly enjoyed it. The Sheffield Torturehouse was my favourite thing. I can just imagine Meadowhall overrun by fearless soldiers!

21st May
Currently reading: Alpha Goddess | Amalie Howard
Current page/percent: 15%
Read today: 15%
Thoughts: Thought the girl was gonna be POC but she's described as having pale skin. So fucked off rn. What's with the cover, then?

22nd May

Okay so I read 20 pages of The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead and I'm not sure if I'm sticking with it or WHAT IN FACT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW. My reading is whacked. Also I read the short story prequel to The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski. Kinda nice story, if a little abrupt.


23rd May

I have no idea what I'm doing. Besides floundering. I started a City of Lost Souls reread (93 pages).


24th May

Bad day. Very bad day. But read 15% of Alpha Goddess. I'm just sort of ambling on with it. Interested but not gripped.


25th May

Bleh.




Books finished this week: 1
(This week was a nightmare. Don't ask.)

~

Books added to my collection:
The three week edition


Fire and Thorns | Rae Carson
Salvage | Alexandra Duncan
Falling Kingdoms | Morgan Rhodes
The Exiled Queen | Cinda Williams Chima
Katya's World | Jonathan. L. Howard
My Soul to Keep | Rachel Vincent
The Replacement | Brenna Yovanoff
Until I Die | Amy Plum
The Forever Song | Julie Kagawa

So ... yeah ... as reward for finishing a load of galleys I went a little crazy with buying new books. I needed Salvage and Falling Kingdoms, because I have to own those (MY BABIES!) The Forever Song is super pretty and was discounted on Book Depository. And I've been waiting to get the Exiled Queen and Girl of Fire & Thorns for SO LONG but they've always been way out of my budget. Plus the others were cheap second hand, some I've wanted to read for some time and others bridging series I already own/have started reading. Also as a loyalty scheme thing, I got The Replacement for nothing. Yep, no pounds whatsoever. Bless you play.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment