5 May 2014

Reading round up (25)



Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress and my thoughts on each book as I read it. There are so many books I have to read to catch up but I CAN DO THIS!!

28th April

Current page/percent: 14% // 14%
Read today: 5% // 14%
Thoughts: Much faffing around in this. // Meh.

29th April

Currently reading: Defy | Sarah B. Larson
Current page/percent: 32%
Read today: 18%
Thoughts: ...???

30th April

Currently reading: Defy | Sarah B. Larson
Current page/percent: 45%
Read today: 13%
Thoughts: I like Dorian. That's my only thought tbh.

1st May

Started Panic by Lauren Oliver. For no good reason. I'm 4% in and confused/annoyed already so yay. Also read 30% of Defy, bringing me to 75%. I sort of like it. Sort of.

2nd May

Finished Defy (25% read.) That ending was ... not satisfying at all. I thought it was a stand alone right up until the end. Can't really see where this series has to go but okay. I also read 13% of The Taking, bringing me to 27%. I was not impressed by this at first but it's really easy to read and I'm starting to like it.

3rd May

Currently reading: The Taking | Kimberly Derting
Current page/percent: 50%
Read today: 23%
Thoughts: It's turning out more contemporary than sci fi (WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO ME? I'M A GOOD PERSON!) but the writing is solid and the relationship is pretty sweet. Thank you Kimberly Derting for a lovely pairing, and a relationship that isn't solely sexual tension and the love interest being swoony or sexy or what have you. I'm tired of that. Just a sweet, normal guy is exactly what I've been looking for.


4th May

Currently reading: The Taking | Kimberly Derting
Current page/percent: 65%
Read today: 15%
Thoughts: things are starting to HAPPEN. Thank God.

Books finished this week: 2
(Remember that optimism from the top of the post? Yeah, I probably can't do this.)

~

Books added to my collection:

Snow Like Ashes | Sara Raasch

[no cover image]

Exquisite Captive | Heather Demetrios

I think I showed exceptional restraint to only get two galleys this week. I deserve a medal. (I reeeeeeeeeeeally want Blackbird though!! And I'm waiting to see what everyone thinks about Beware The Wild before I DL it, since it seems I could either love it or - as is most likely - hate it)

Also I bought this precious thing, which I have been coveting for almost a year:


One | Leigh Ann Kopans

So that's my week. I haven't had loads of time to read, since I've been 1) sick, 2) rushing around with The Beast of Callaire release things, and 3) trying to finish off two projects at once. But my schedule is slowing down from crazy-almost-impossible to crazy-but-probably-doable so I'm looking to read 2+ books in the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment