12 May 2014

Reading round up (26)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress and my thoughts on each book as I read it. Just read galleys, just read galleys...


5th May

Currently reading: The Taking | Kimberly Derting
Current page/percent: 100%
Read today: 45%
Thoughts: Took a while to get going but ended up as a really good book in the end.

6th May

Started The Fearless (13%). I did the thing where you write titles on slips of paper, fold them up, and choose one at random, and it gave me this. Haven't yet read Acid, so I don't know what to expect, but I'm hoping for awesome. (Also more British YA yassss)

7th May

Didn't read any of The Fearless, but I read The Wandering from front to back in preparation of the next draft of it. That should probably count towards my finished this week.


8th May

Threw a total 360 and read a third of My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent (116 pages), because every time I passed my shelves it looked at me. It's pretty awesome already, and I just needed a quick, good PNR to dive into. Also I'm really not that interested in The Fearless at the moment. I might put it on hold for a week or so.

9th May


Current page/percent: page 242
Read today: 126 pages
Thoughts: I reeeeeeeeally like this.

10th May

Current page/percent: page 345
Read today: 103 pages
Thoughts: I need more.


11th May

Didn't read anything today. Actually I didn't do anything today.

Books finished this week: 2
(Dammit, I broke off from just reading galleys. I knew this would happen. In my defense, The Fearless didn't grip me at all.)

~

Books added to my collection:

The Liberator | Victoria Scott
I'm not even sure if I'm gonna like this series, but this book was £0.73. Also why do the covers look more erotica than urban fantasy? Is that why the series has been so wildly successful, which is unusual for a UF?

I also bought Warm Up, a short story by V.E.Schwab, author of Vicious which I am dying to get my hands on and finish (I got a 100 page preview which KILLED ME.) I'm getting back into an old writing project this May, which feels a lot like coming home, so I have quite a bit of free time to read - thank God. I feel like I've been hampered by writing this past two months. Next week is read-a-thon week, so that should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment