14 January 2015

The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Review)

Mara Dyer: The Retribution of Mara Dyer | Michelle Hodkin
Published by: Simon & Schuster, November 6th 2014
Genre: YA, Psychological Thriller, Science Fiction
Pages: 464
Format: Paperback
Source: Purchased

It had to end sometime, but Mara had no idea it would end like this. Experience the mind-blowing conclusion to the New York Times bestselling Mara Dyer trilogy.

Mara Dyer wants to believe there's more to the lies she’s been told.
There is.

She doesn’t stop to think about where her quest for the truth might lead.
She should.

She never had to imagine how far she would go for vengeance.
She will now.

Loyalties are betrayed, guilt and innocence tangle, and fate and chance collide in this shocking conclusion to Mara Dyer’s story.

Retribution has arrived.
 





I knew this book was going to ruin me, and I wasn't wrong. From the beginning it is brutal and bloody and full of action and impossible-to-make decisions. Mara Dyer's journey takes her out of the morally grey and into the black as she stops at nothing to find Noah and the answers about what she is. I thoroughly loved this book. It is a genuine thriller, with emotional highs and lows that gave me whiplash, and plot twists abound. Not to mention it held out on me for so long before giving me Noah. I genuinely thought he was dead and we'd never see him again at one point. And don't even get me started about the ending. The romance near about offed me, the friendships made me happy and frustrated all at once, and the goddamn plot - I almost had about twenty heart attacks. Thank God for the happy ending. I have been broken and remade by this awful, stupid book, and I will never forget it.

Characters ★
Setting/world building ★
Writing ★★



No comments:

Post a Comment