29 January 2015

Most anticipated of 2015: The Wrath and The Dawn

I wanted to talk about the books I'm dying to have, but since I don't do the WoW weekly feature (because I don't want to commit to a permanent feature - one of those is quite enough for me to remember to do), I don't really have somewhere to talk about those books. So these posts were born. It'll be a series of 6-10 posts, since I haven't decided how many I want to talk about, and they should be up every Thursday as a temporary feature.

Today I'm going to talk about
The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
expected May 12th


A sumptuous and epically told love story inspired by A Thousand and One Nights

Every dawn brings horror to a different family in a land ruled by a killer. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, takes a new bride each night only to have her executed at sunrise. So it is a suspicious surprise when sixteen-year-old Shahrzad volunteers to marry Khalid. But she does so with a clever plan to stay alive and exact revenge on the Caliph for the murder of her best friend and countless other girls. Shazi's wit and will, indeed, get her through to the dawn that no others have seen, but with a catch . . . she’s falling in love with the very boy who killed her dearest friend.

She discovers that the murderous boy-king is not all that he seems and neither are the deaths of so many girls. Shazi is determined to uncover the reason for the murders and to break the cycle once and for all.


I got a preview of this book in the Buzz Books YA sampler and I'm half glad and half cursing that I did. I read the prologue and first chapter and it was so alluring and intriguing that I want more. I want the whole book but it's so far away, and I don't think it's being published in the UK so I'll have to import a US hardcover.

Here are some of the quotes I just love

One hundred lives for the one you took. One life to one dawn. Should you fail but a single morn, I shall take from you your dreams. I shall take from you your city.

And I shall take from you these lives, a thousandfold.


I will live to see tomorrow's sunset. Make no mistake. I swear I will live to see as many sunsets as it takes.

And I will kill you.

With my own hands.

I can't express how badly I want this book. I have a gut feeling it's going to blow me away, and I got a serious Cruel Beauty vibe from it and that's one of my favourite books ever. PLUS that cover is to die for and there's a Marie Lu blurb. Is it May yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment