25 January 2015

Reader problems tag!


I was tagged by the lovely Henna over at Howling For Books to do this tag post. It's been a fair while since I've done one of these so I'm pretty happy to have been tagged!!


1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?

Well I'm a mood reader, so I'd probably pick up whatever stood out to me or what I felt like reading. Which, to be honest, is what I do anyway - that's the reason I have so many TBR review copies.

2. You're halfway through a book and you're just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?

Quit. I made a promise that I'd never force myself to do anything that made me unhappy. If I'm not enjoying a book I won't waste my time finishing it. I'm sure I've missed out on some pretty decent books because of this, but I'd rather do that than force myself to finish a book I dislike.

3. The end of the year is coming and you're so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?

Eh, whatever happens happens. I can usually judge around October whether I'll complete or not so I might invest more time in reading from then on, or pick only books I'm certain I'll finish, so as not to waste time on DNF books.

4. The covers of a series you love do not match. How do you cope?

By throwing my toys out of the pram. I HATE covers that don't match so I usually get kinda pissy and rant about it a lot. I have to have a series that matched, even if it means having two or three copies of one book. This is actually the case with Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan.
5. Everyone and their mothers love a book you really don't like. Who do you bond with over their shared feelings?

I don't know. I'd probably just avoid reading reviews or buzz posts. There's never really anyone with the exact reading tastes as me so my friends could love a book I don't or hate a book I love.

6. You're reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?

Easy. I never read in public. 

7. A sequel of a book you love just came out, but you've forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?

Reread for sure. I just reread the first two Mara Dyer books for Retribution, and I'm doing the same with Falling Kingdoms, although it was mostly an excuse to reread some of my faves.

8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people no when they ask?
No problem. I have no friends in my area, so nobody comes round!! 
9. Reading ADD. You've picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?

Mostly I cry and keep trying and trying again until I get one that sticks.

10. There are so many new books coming out that you're dying to read! How many do you actually buy?

I could probably afford like one a month, maybe, if they're paperbacks. If they're hardback, there's little chance I'll get it. Mostly I request them on Netgalley and hope I get approved, otherwise I'll be waiting a year/year and a half for the paperback.

11. After you've bought the new books you can't wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?

Depends. It's usually between a week to a month if I'm dying to read it, although sometimes it takes me a full year to read a book I own.

I'm not gonna tag anyone for this one, but if you wanna do it, feel free!
~Saruuh

No comments:

Post a Comment