10 March 2014

Reading round up (17)

Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress and my thoughts on each book as I read it. Please let me get through two books at least. I need a breakthrough, I feel like a slacker.

3rd March

Finished The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa (96 pages) which was really awesome in the end.


4th March
Current page/percent: 18%
# of pages/percentage read today: 18%
Thoughts: Not bad. Prefer the Hayden stuff to Daphne, but I suppose it's now going to be all in a posh school? Well, haven't read one of those in a while. Still prefer the other setting.


5th March
Current page/percent: 34%
# of pages/percentage read today: 16%
Thoughts: Hmmmmm.


6th March
Current page/percent: 50%
# of pages/percentage read today: 16%
Thoughts: I'm not sure where this is going but I like the attacks...


7th March
Current page/percent: 58%
# of pages/percentage read today: 8%
Thoughts: That 8 percent felt like 20????


8th March

This week is a nightmare. I want to quit everything. I started Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (16 pages) but I'm just really tired and can't get into it.


9th March

Read a bit more of DoSaB (43 pages) but today was THE WORST. Bring me Monday please.


Books finished this week: 1

(UPDATE: still feel like a total slacker even though I finished writing a book like yesterday. Ugh. And I'm taking the full week to read books I've been meaning to for a year. I shall still feel like a slacker, I suspect, at the end of next week.)

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, The Shadow Prince annoyed me. I mean, it was okay, but the characters lacked depth (even Hayden once he's around her) it's a shame though, started out really strong and I was enjoying it and then...well, YA happened. And shit the books long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH tell me about it. They're just so damn lackluster. I've abandoned it for DoSaB at the moment and can't see myself going back to it. I just ... don't care. Will probably DNF it.

      I was choosing between The Shadow Prince and Death Sworn when I got the galley and I wish I'd gone for Death Sworn. Stupid mythology, seducing me with false hope.

      Delete