27 August 2015

Reading round up (87)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. 

Delayed post because I went to Scarborough for birthday celebrations and then forgot to update for a few days.


17th August

I read 43% of The Unquiet by Mikaela Everett, which is really cool. I like how the parts of this book are spread out by years. Makes it feel more realistic.

18th August

Today I read another 30% of The Unquiet, finishing it. I really really liked it. Completely unique.


I started Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley, too, and read 11%. This is gonna piss me off so much, I can already tell.

19th August

Yep, Lies We Tell Ourselves is making me angry with literally every page. I don't know what I expected from a book about institutional racism but it wasn't uncontrollable rage and the urge to kill fictional kids. I read 25% today.


20th August

I read another 34% of Lies We Tell Ourselves, and I prefer Sarah's POV to Linda's but now I understand Linda a bit better.

21st August


I finished Lies We Tell Ourselves, and I was pretty emotional in the end.

22nd August

I started Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker (16%), which is actually pretty good. Can't tell if it's set in London or York though. Hoping York!


23rd August
IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! :)

I read nothing today because I was busy shopping and gazing at ships and the lighthouse. Cool stuff.


24th August



I read 32% of Witch Hunter and I'm enjoying it so much.

25th August




Okay, so I'm in love with Witch Hunter. And John, precious John, my child, my perfect healer. Today I read 34%.

26th August



I finished Witch Hunter (18%), and went through immediate withdrawals. So I read The Healer, the novella about John. I loved the insight into him and the things that haunt him, and it made me want to protect him 1000000% more. Stop tormenting John, Boecker!!

Also I started Fire and Chasm by Chelsea M, Campbell. Intriguing so far, and I can see it being really good.

Books finished this week: 4
Books DNF'd this week: 0


For review:


Two genres I rarely read for this week's galleys: contemporary romance and adult literary fantasy. Intrigued by all, and have high expectations of the Rachel Vincent one (of course.)


Polaris (4.5 STARS)
For The Right To Learn (4 STARS)
Eden's Wish (3 STARS)

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh contemporary romance. Excited to hear what you think about that one! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY FRICKIN BELATED BIRTHDAY SARUUH!!!

    ReplyDelete