10 August 2015

Reading Round Up (85)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. 

3rd August

I read 32% of The Vanishing Island by Barry Wolverton and finished it. The end was not as good as the rest of the book.

4th August

Today I started Night Owls by Jenn Bennett and I literally FLEW through this book, reading 115 pages. The anatomy-obsessed girl, the hella attractive (looks-wise and personality-wise) love interest, the unanswered questions and mysteries. THIS is why I give contemporary fiction a chance. THIS is why I can never dismiss all contemp romances as fluffy nonsense.

5th August

I read 50 pages of Night Owls, and I am literally swooning. Someone bring me smelling salts.

6th August

I finished Night Owls, reading 126 pages. I loved it WAY more than I expected, and I actually understand contemporary plots a lot better because of this book, so I learned something too!

7th August

I started The Accident Season by Maria Fowley-Doyle (26% read) and I genuinely can't work out whether I like it or not.

8th August

Okay I read like 30% of The Accident Season and I'm just not interested in anything, so DNF. 


BUT I started A Riddle In Ruby by Kent Davis and I'm loving this. Ships and  
adventure and fun and people who have way too many secrets - this is so cool.


9th August

Today I read 49% of A Riddle In Ruby and I'm proper liking it.


Books finished this week: 2
Books DNF'd this week: 1


For review:

I'm sure I got something but I literally can't remember. If I do, I'll put it in next Monday's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment