20 October 2014

Reading round up (48)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. Where the hell is October going? Actually where the hell is this year going?


13th October

Currently Reading: The Eternity Cure | Julie Kagawa
Current page/percent: page 206
Read today: 143 pages
Thoughts: *swoons because Jackal*


14th October

Currently Reading: The Eternity Cure | Julie Kagawa
Current page/percent: page 299
Read today: 93 pages
Thoughts: Finally my bb Kanin is safe.


15th October

Currently Reading: The Eternity Cure | Julie Kagawa
Current page/percent: page 434
Read today: 135 pages
Thoughts: Thank God my faves survived but ... Zeke? Is he finally getting a good story arc? Is ... vampire now? Pls? Wow, this is gonna hurt and I don't even love the guy.


16th October

Started and DNF Hollow Pike by James Dawson (read 18%), which was completely disappointing. Hoped for eerie gothic and got high school drama. Nah.



17th October

Ughhhhhh I had a crappy day and now I don't know what to read. Eventually decided to read more of Between Two Thorns by Emma Newman (20%). I'm still not into it yet, but the world is promising and I enjoy the talking grotesque. (Not a fan of Cathy, though.)



18th October

I am FINALLY in possession of a copy of The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd, and so I will be breaking up Between Two Thorns with this lovely book. Read 25 pages and I already love the tone and main character.



19th October

Currently Reading: The Madman's Daughter | Megan Shepherd

Current page/percent: page 103
Read today: 78 pages
Thoughts: It's taking me ages to get through this book but I really like it.



Books finished this week: 1



The Testing Trilogy | Joelle Charbonneau
Kindle sales are my faves. Really hoping I like this series since the last two kindle books I've read have been SHIT and I DNF them.


Too many to list.
There's this awesome books and kitting wool shop in Skipton that I went to and ended up walking away with these ten babies for £10.


I have finished all my writing obligations for the year. Hell yessss. Now to write some paranormal shorts for Christmas!

This beautiful cover happened:


I NEEEEEEEED ITTTTTTT. 
2015 THOUGH??? NAH. AGAINST THAT RELEASE DATE 100%.

Reviewed this week: Level 2 (DNF) // The Eternity Cure // Beware The Wild
Other posts: Invisible Wings book trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment