13 October 2014

Reading round up (47)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. Hopefully I will finish reading all books I start this week, since I DNF THREE in the past fortnight.


6th November
Current page/percent: 70%
Read today: 38%
Thoughts: I'm enjoying this a fair bit, just wish we saw more of Rosaline at this point. Also the cover is beautiful but makes it seem as if Rosaline would be the MC and she's certainly not.

7th November
Current page/percent: 100%
Read today: 30%
Thoughts: SO close to crying at the end there. Loved it.

8th November


Started Between Two Thorns by Emma Newman (4% read) and I think this book is gonna take FOREVER to get into. It looks massive size-wise on my kindle but the book is listed as a normal number of pages. Is it 5pt text or...? To break it up I read Light Beneath Ferns by Anne Spollen (206 pages). I didn't plan to read the whole thing but I ended up doing that. It was an okay book, nothing spectacular.

9th November


I'm still not sold on Between Two Thorns. I'm not in the mood for it. So I started White Cat by Holly Black (98 pages) because I've been meaning to read this series for EVER and I can cross off the animal square on my bingo!

10th November

Currently Reading: White Cat | Holly Black
Current page/percent: page 242
Read today: 144 pages
Thoughts: *stares into space*

11th November

Finished White Cat (78 pages) and the ending was UNCALLED FOR so I guess I have a ship. And I started Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans because impulse Kindle click (28%). I'm sensing a love triangle. Pls no.

12th November

OH BOY Level 2 is not for me. I might have only paid £0.51 for this book but it's still not worth forcing myself to finish a book with a MC I despise. DNF at 48%. Started The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa (63 pages read) as a remedy. Also because dead things can cross off my dead bingo square.

Books finished this week: 3




 Grave Mercy | Robin LaFevers
Dark Triumph | Robin LaFevers
Don't look at me I'm crying from happiness. I've wanted these books for SO LONG.




The Here and Now | Ann Brashares
Been on my TBR for a while and it was read now on netgalley. I have no excuse. Also Cassie blurb - don't let me down, Clare, I trust your judgement.



I found very little to report on this week. By which I mean nothing.

Reviewed this week: Snow Like Ashes // Prince of Shadows // Light Beneath Ferns // White Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment