6 October 2014

Reading round up (46)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. Finally it's Halloween, the month long spooptacular.


29th September

The Walled City is not as good as I thought it'd be. I'm kinda mad that I was excited for this and it's shitty. The world isn't explained AT ALL. Is it a walled city in our world, a fantasy world, a sci-fi world???? No world building whatsoever. Anyway I read another 8% and it was like pulling teeth so I'm gonna DNF because I'm not enjoying it one bit and I don't think I ever will.

SO I started Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan (93 pages) because fuck you that's why.

30th September

Currently reading: 
Unmade | Sarah Rees Brennan
Current page/percent: page 278
Read today: 185 pages
Thoughts: My heart has already been broken TWICE and now my bb Rusty is doing the dumb thing.

1st November

I finished Unmade (90 pages read) and I want to stop existing until the next Lynburn Legacy book comes out OH RIGHT THIS IS THE LAST ONE LET ME DIE.



I also started My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent  (52 pages) because I know for a fact I will hate anything else I read RN because I am SO hungover and hurt and aching from Unmade.


2nd November

Currently reading: 
My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent 
Current page/percent: page 275
Read today: 223 pages
Thoughts: Kaylee doesn't seem to care much about Nash being held prisoner in the Netherworld. I mean he's a dick and all but ... she loves him and doesn't sound worried AT ALL. I'm pretty worked up about it though. I will rescue Nash.


3rd November


I finished My Soul to Keep (103 pages read) and the ending wasn't as great as I'd expected. I like the glowing girls though and hope we see more of them in the future. I also started Marked by P.C. and Kristin Cast (57 pages) which I'm regretting because all it's got me so far is people telling me I'll regret it. And now that negativity is muddling whatever enjoyment I'd have got from it.

4th November


Marked is AWFUL (DNF at page 61). Casual and often use of the word retard, sarcastic insults at people with eating disorders with no second thought about how insensitive and disgusting they're being. If you can't write a teenage voice without causing mass offense, maybe you shouldn't be writing about teenagers.

5th November


I started Prince of Shadows by Rachel Caine because I have no idea what to read and it was the first book I clicked on my kindle. I've read 32% and I'm pretty into it. I don't tend to read this era if I do read historical so it's pretty new to me. Romeo still makes me wanna punch him which I enjoy too.

Books finished this week: 2




 The Unhappening of Genesis Lee | Shallee McArthur
Sooooo ... I got super judgy with this book on twitter. I said it was a total rip off of Mara Dyer, and with that title can you blame me? BUT I have since found out it's sci-fi, despite the contemp-amnesia suggestive blurb on EW, and that people's memories are stored in physical objects that are being stolen. HELL YES. GIMME.



MY HALLOWEEN BINGO STARTED. And I am pretty excited about it already. Nobody else signed up, which I thought would bother me, but I'm happy to find out I don't give a fuck.

Reviewed this week: My Soul to Save // Exquisite Captive // The Walled City (DNF) // Unmade

No comments:

Post a Comment