28 July 2014

Reading round up (36)

Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. DESPERATELY need to get back on track with galleys. I have some books I'm really looking forward to reading so it should be good.


21st July


Started Tabula Rasa, and it must be pretty decent because I read 45% of it in one day. I really like the love interest, and the mystery of the 'hospital' is pretty cool. This is actually the first time I've read about a creepy hospital, even though they're rampant in the genre. The mountainous snowstorm thing is pretty cool as well, reminds me of After The End by Amy Plum a little. Though that could just be the yurt.


22nd July
Current page/percent: 77%
Read today: 32%
Thoughts: Started off enjoying this but I'm getting bored. I could have done without the "army" guys tbh.


23rd July
Current page/percent: 100%
Read today: 23%
Thoughts: SO BORED at the end.


24th July

I CAN FINALLY READ ICONS!!!! Aw yeahhhhhhh. One of my favourite books of all time. Read 27 pages and loving it.


25th July

Had a crappy day so only read 37 pages.


26th July

Currently reading: Icons | Margaret Stohl
Current page/percent: page 194
Read today: 130 pages
Thoughts: FINALLY FOUND TIME TO READ. And boy did I read. Powered through a third of the book. Oh Lucas bb my precious thing.


27th July

Currently reading: Icons | Margaret Stohl
Current page/percent: page 337
Read today: 143 pages
Thoughts: I have missed this story so. fuckin. much. I can't wait to start Idols and see what emotions Stohl can make me feel next. I've gone through the whole spectrum with this one.

Books finished this week: 1
(*groaning noises*.)

~

Books added to my collection:

Arrow of The Mist | Christina Mercer

I got a review copy of this once upon a time but it was one of those that expire and I wasn't able to put it on my kindle, so I never got to read it. I bought it from amazon just now, so I FINALLY get to read the damn thing. It's pretty high on my kindle-to-read list for now :)

In other news: the campaign to fund printing and shipping of The Wandering is a go! Donate a pound for your name in the acknowledgements. Donate £3 or more for extra cool stuff, bracelets, bookmarks, rare paperbacks etc. Help me give people more free books!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...Tabula Rasa, Tabula No-No. My reviews just a big rant, haha. I really enjoyed Icons! Though I could not get into Beautiful Creatures at all (but maybe that was because of Kami Garcia, because I really didn't like Unbreakable all that much either. :/

    ReplyDelete