7 July 2014

Reading round up (33)

Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. I need to bulldoze these galleys before I go to London next week (holla!!)


30th June
Current page/percent: 52%
Read today: 16%
Thoughts: Got next to no time to read these past few days, but really liking this one. Not as dark as I expected, but pretty atmospheric and I like the mystery.


1st July

Tried to read more of Elusion but got so bored I nearly lost the will to live. DNF at 34%. And I finished Beware The Wild (30% read), which was unexpectedly awesome. I'm so happy to find a southern gothic do it right, when I've been let down so many times before.


2nd July


Picked up Mila 2.0 (25% read) and wouldn't you know it, I dropped off reading right before the science fiction thriller-ness actually made an appearance. So I'm hovering over a three star right now, which is a big way up from the 1.5 I was feeling at the beginning. (Fingers crossed for torture in these next chapters!) 

I ALSO stared Earthfall by Mark Walden (15%), and I have about as many issues with it as I have molecules in my body. But it feels a bit like War of The Worlds/The Tomorrow People so I'm sticking with it. It's really weird, though, how it just refers to the main character as 'the boy'. I hoped I'd fly through this, since it's pretty short, but the tense and writing is making it slow progress.

3rd July

Read absolutely nothing today. Bleh. But I wrote a heck tonne of words so I figure that evens it out.

4th July

I could be regretting starting Earthfall right now. I hoped for explosive sci fi but I'm 23% in and I'm kinda bored. It's not even bad. It's just not making any kind of lasting impression. Nothing is meeting a four star lately and that's my most common rating.

I also finished Mila 2.0, reading 45%, and omg TORTURE!! Finally. 

5th July

So I didn't read any Earthfall today, but I started reading Under Nameless Stars, the second in the Zenn Scarlett series by Christian Schoon (25% read) and I'm loving it as much as I did the first book. The species of alien are just so inventive and unique and every character has their own personality. I just love it.

6th July

Currently reading: Under Nameless Stars | Christian Schoon
Current page/percent: 44%
Read today: 19%
Thoughts: I love this series. It never fails to make me happy, or thrill me, or just make me feel all fuzzy. Fuzzy - that's a feeling now.

Books finished this week: 2
(*is very tired of mediocre books despite Beware The Wild being actually quite good* *is just really tired* Thank God for Zenn Scarlett.)

~

Books added to my collection:

The House of The Four Winds | Mercedes Lackey & James Mallory

I discovered this, developed an ALMIGHTY NEED, requested it on NG, and got approved all in the space of one afternoon. Hell yes. A LADY PIRATE!!!! Please don't disappoint me.

The Mapmaker's Daughter | Caroline Dunford

And I bought this for Kindle. I actually discovered it on Netgalley but I have no time for review books now, so I checked it out on Amazon and lo and behold £0.77 !! It sounds pretty cool. Drawing magic, maps, and ships? Yes. Gimme. (Also slight chance of piracy? Maybe? Pls?)

In other news: THE WANDERING IS WRITTEN!!! Yisssss. It's been a heavy pressure on me for seven months now, but I've finally reached the end of the book! Now I can kiss goodbye to it for a month before I have to go into the next round of edits.

No comments:

Post a Comment