16 June 2013

The Demon's Covenant (GIF review)


The Demon's Lexicon: The Demon's Covenant | Sarah Rees Brennan
YA, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal

Characters ★★★★★
Setting ★★★★★
Writing Style ★★★★

Review:

ONE A SCALE OF ONE TO TEN OF NOT BEING ALRIGHT I AM -100. I can't put the magical, horrible, thrilling, heart-breaking, elating journey of this fricking book, and series, into words.

Thus, I gif.


So, at first when Jamie was getting close to Gerald and the magicians and kind of turning allegiances?


What are you doing strange child, go home to your sister.

And with Nick and Alan NOT BEING OKAY AND CLEARLY THERE BEING SOMETHING WRONG THERE?


And then Seb. What even Sebastian. You're kind of creepy and cute at the same time and I knew you were with the magicians from the beginning.


And then you have Alan betraying Nick?? Why??? No stop that, I will lock you in a basement where you can do no harm.



I really started to dislike Alan and get angry at him. And then I felt horrible at the end and like an idiot for doubting him.

And I'm really trying hard to remember what happened between that and Mae and Nick making out on the roof because I read the entire book in nine hours and slept very little. But lets cut to the making out.

Always cut to the making out.

So there was a lot of this


And this


But mostly this


And crying. So much crying.


And then I sat there staring at the page feeling very satisfied


And then I remembered that Nick was distraught at his brother betraying him and that he was crying through the sky and it was horrible. And then Alan turned up to the party and I felt worse.

AND THEN SUDDENLY GERALD IN MAE'S HOUSE AND ANABEL BEING BADASS (Did this happen after? This happened after, right? I literally do not know anything anymore)


BUT THEN NICK BEING TRAPPED IN THE CIRCLE AND I FREAKED THE FUCK OUT AND IRRATIONALLY THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO DIE



AND THEN HE WAS ALMOST ACTUALLY GOING TO DIE 


But he got up because he thought Alan was hurt, and then Alan was marked.


And then Nick hugged Mae of his own accord


AND I WILL NEVER BE OKAY AGAIN.
I am so done.

That's it. That's the review. 
Not gonna lie, it's mostly crying. 
I'm convinced there will be no resolution in the end, that it'll just finish with everyone dead and Nick crying through the sky and everything burning. Like ta-da! The end.

Overall ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment