3 June 2013

Outcast (Review)


Outcast | Adrienne Kress
YA, Paranormal
June 4th 2013, Diversion Books

Characters 
★★★★
Setting 
★★★
Writing Style ★★★★

Review:

A very fun, very witty, well written book.

Outcast had my attention from the very start, and it held it. It made me laugh, entertained me thoroughly, and left me second guessing what would happen next.

And that's without even mentioning the genius that is this line:

"Sorry, Mrs. Jackson."
In a book called Outcast?



Riley was a strong, fiesty protagonist, filling the pages of this book with sass, humour, and intelligence. Gabe was a likeable, intriguing love interest with something that was entirely his and not a copy of seventeen million other teen heartthrobs - which was refreshing. And the rest of the cast of characters in the book were colourful and interesting.

The premise of angels abducting people was something I had never seen before, and it proved to be thrilling to read. Instantly, I was absorbed into the rich Southern world and invested in the outcome of the story as if I, personally, was one of the rag-tag bunch of people fighting the angels to reclaim their taken.

Outcast was exciting, unique, and a pleasure to read. A solid enjoyable book.

Overall ★★★★

(Thank you to Diversion Books and Netgalley for this review copy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment