14 September 2015

Reading round up (90)



Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. 



7th September

This week I'm reading Cruel Beauty because I need a pick-me-up and this is one of my all time favourites. Today I read 136 pages.

8th September


I finished Cruel Beauty (154 pages), basically binge reading this, and I feel way better. I also started Queen of Shadows, because I feel a lot steadier emotion wise, and like I'm okay to handle book feelings as well as my own. I read 54 pages and it's already painful and epic!!


9th September


I read 108 pages of Queen of Shadows and I LOVE IT. Not seeing how Chaol has been ruined or twisted into someone completely different - he's clearly been affected by a deep, beheading-and-friend-enslaving trauma. That would fuck up anyone, so give the guy a break.


10th September

I read 102 pages of QoS. I like Elide. Huh. Never expected that. (also I thought Nesryn was Elide and I'm slightly grumpy that she's not.)


11th September

Read another 153 pages of QoS and this shit just got EPIC and HIGHLY DANGEROUS real quick.


12th September

I finished Queen of Shadows (I read a crazy 239 pages in one day!!) and everything is a little in pain right now. But happy ending? Thank you Sarah J. Maas, I can only assume this won't last.


13th September

I can't leave Erilea just yet, so I'm finally reading The Assassin's Blade. I read the first novella (77 pages) and oh no I like Sam. (I DON'T WANT TO BECAUSE HE'S GOING TO DIE AND IT'S GOING TO HUUUURT.)

Books finished this week: 2
Books DNF'd this week: 0


For review:


Sequel to a book I enjoyed.

One (3.5 STARS)

1 comment:

  1. I love me some Cruel Beauty! I borrowed it from the library a year ago, so I definitely need to buy my own copy to put on my shelves! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete