15 June 2015

Reading round up (79)

Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. 

8th June

I wanted to finish Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen today but it just didn't happen. I read 94 pages and I totally forgot about the guillotine scene!! I still think the book hit a peak in the tunnels and then dipped considerably, though. This ending feels more like a beginning of the next book...

9th June

I skim read the last 70 or so pages of Stolen Songbird and I still really think the ending is WAY less interesting that the labyrinth-almost-beheaded thing. 


I also started Ashes by Ilsa. J. Bick because I was in the mood for something post-apocalyptic. I've read 93 pages and I LOVE IT. So, so cool. Reminds me of The Darkest Minds and The Immortal Rules so far.


10th June

I read 74 pages of Ashes and it's SO GOOD. A love interest was introduced and it ... STRENGTHENED the story. Whaaaaaaaaaaaat. What is happening here???


11th June

Lost track of what I read today. Some pages of Ashes, I think.

12th June

Alright I spoiled myself accidentally with Ashes and now I have no interest in finishing it because that spoiler is the opposite of what I wanted. So I'm stalled at page 242 and sad about it. This was gonna be one of my faves ever, but that had to happen.

I read 16% of The Lying Game, though, and it's still fairly good. The mystery has dropped off a lot, though.

PLUS I started A Thousand Nights by E. J. Johnson. Which is really good so far - and has diverse main characters!!! So that's cheered up my reading list considerably.


13th June

I read 44% of A Thousand Nights, and it is so good. The setting is authentic and just, everything feels respectful of the culture. Thank you, E. K. Johnston.


14th June

Today I finished A Thousand Nights, and it was perfect. I also started A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas, and my galley is missing a bunch of letters that makes some paragraphs difficult to read but I am NOT abandoning this book. 


Books finished this week: 2
Books DNF'd this week: 1


For review:







I'm not listing these or linking them because I'm lazy/ Thanks to Harper Collins + imprints, and Angry Robot for these lovely, shiny galleys.


No comments:

Post a Comment