1 June 2015

Reading round up (77)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. 

25th May

Today I read 12% of The Girl At Midnight by Melissa Grey, and I started With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent (22 pages) because I NEED  a good book to break up The Girl At Midnight. That 12% almost killed me - I've just lost all kind of investment in it.

26th May

Had a crappy day today, so I only read 12% of The Girl At Midnight. I'm pretty astounded by the fact it's adding a love triangle and instalove 50% through the book. WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE? It was So Good without it!

27th May

DNF'ed The Girl At Midnight at 71% because not only is the girl falling in instalove with the crappy love interest, and getting all RIDICULOUSLY CLICHE about it, but the guy (the hundreds year old dragon!!!!) is doing the same. Thought he'd know better BUT NOPE.

On top of this I read 22 pages of With All My Soul, and I'm not flying through this book as quickly as I'd hoped. Today's amount of pages is pretty pathetic tbh. 

I also picked up Falling Kingdoms again because I need to finish my reread (I dropped off reading this around a month and a half ago...) and read 31 pages of tiny, tiny text.

28th May

Today I finished The Wolf Wilder (50% read) and it was everything I hoped it'd be.

29th May

Light reading day - all I read was 5% of In The Air Tonight by Lori Handeland which has stopped the confusing references, but I'm still not sure. I don't need the guy to be referencing the MCs breasts every POV chapter tbh, and I want more ghosts!

30th May


To say I was getting grumpy with the language and references of In The Air Tonight, I actually found my way into the book. It took 25% but w/e. I'm now at 40% and I like it. Still having to overlook a lot of stuff and I can't see me giving it more than 3 stars but at least it's seeming like I'll finish and enjoy it!

31st May


Read another 17% of In The Air Tonight, bringing me to 57%, and I actually do like it. But there's still something off.

Books finished this week: 1
Books DNF'd this week: 1


For review:

NOTHING!!!

I'm so proud of myself. 

Bought:

When Magic Sleeps | Tera Lynn Childs
I LOVED Powerless by Tera Lynn Childs, so when I found out she had a novella for less than £1, I didn't hesitate to get it. Pretty excited to read this!

The School For Good and Evil | Soman Chainani
Unremembered | Jessica Brody
Kindle sales are my best friend. Two of the books I was DYING to get my hands on I now own!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY like that cover for Unremembered. I read that one a while back, you'll never guess what happens. :X

    ReplyDelete