25 May 2015

Reading round up (76)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. 

18th May

This week I'm reading The Girl At Midnight by Melissa Grey and Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield. Today I read 229 pages of Chantress, and I went from liking it to horribly invested Real Quick.

19th May

Had a crappy day today, so I only read 12% of The Girl At Midnight. I'm pretty astounded by the fact it's adding a love triangle and instalove 50% through the book. WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE? It was So Good without it!

20th May

I've got a bit disillusioned with The Girl At Midnight - it's going somewhere I'm not interested in At All. I LOVE the fantasy of it but hate the romance it's gonna force. So I started The Wolf Wilder by Katherine Rundell and read 50%. It's magical and wonderful and makes my heart full of feelings. 

21st May

It's that time of the week when my reading goes all over the place. I didn't read anything during the day, which is when I'd have picked up The Wolf Wilder. But I did read 13% of Powerless by Tera Lynn Childs and Tracy Deebs, which is pretty great already. However, it does mean I'm currently reading 3 books at once :(


22nd May

Today I read 34% of Powerless, and I'm really enjoying this. Nitro has a fucked up accent and I can't figure out his voice, but I'm liking the arguments between the MC and her villainous love interest. (Also LOVING the gaping lack of instalove.)

23rd May


I wanted to finish Powerless today but I just didn't find the time. I did read 30%, though, which is A LOT for Saturday reading!

24th May


Finished Powerless, which was SO GOOD that I want the next book right the heck now. And because I'm in a mood with The Girl At Midnight, I started In The Air Tonight by Lori Handeland, and I dunno, I'm just not impressed so far. It switches from 1st person to 3rd in the same chapter, and the writing style is FULL of american stuff I don't know.

Books finished this week: 2
Books DNF'd this week: 0


For review:


 
The Wolf Wilder | Katherine Rundell
Eden's Wish | M. Tara. Crowl
A Thousand Nights | E. K. Johnston
Spinning Starlight | R. C. Lewis

I am so exited for ALL of these!!! Especially, not gonna lie, Spinning Starlight. I LOVED Stitching Snow, so I'm expecting greatness. I've already started The Wolf Wilder, so I know that's awesome, and I can't wait to read the rest of it as soon as I find time!!
The Fog Diver (4 STARS)

No comments:

Post a Comment