18 May 2015

Reading Round Up (75)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. There was a major gap of these, because my laptop wrecked itself and I couldn't commit to a regular update, but I'm back now to give you my thoughts on each book as I read it!!!

Books I read 20th April - 10th May:

 

11th May
So this week I'm reading Sleep No More by Aprilynne Pike and Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway. I'm liking both, but the characters in Sleep No More are ANNOYING as hell. Today I read 32 pages of SNM and 25% of Emmy & Oliver, bringing me to 33%.

12th May

Focused on Sleep No More today, reading 109 pages. The more I read the more I want to dropkick every single character. Can't wait to be done with this book. I also read 11% of Emmy and Oliver, which I'm really liking.

13th May

Finished the last 30 or so pages of Sleep No More, which stayed true to itself and pissed me off right to the end. I also read 48% of Emmy and Oliver, which I REALLY love. So glad I took a chance on this. AND I read 49 pages of Pip Bartlett's Guide To Magical Creatures by Maggie Stiefvater and Jackson Pearce because I couldn't help myself (or wait!)

14th May

I flew through Pip Bartlett, reading 132 pages, and I also read the last 8% of Emmy and Oliver. I loved both, to be honest, and would recommend them a whole bunch!!

15th May

Today I started Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield (44 pages), a book on my physical TBR that I've been wanting to get to for some time. The book itself is shiny and pink and I'm aesthetically in love with it.

I also began reading The Girl At Midnight by Melissa Grey (16% read), which I was really reserved about because I read a slew of negative reviews, but I'm actually really enjoying it. If you could just remove Caius's parts, I'd love it.

16th May


Read neither of my current novels today, but I never read much on Saturdays. I finished Two Lines by Melissa Marr, though, (56%) and it was alright. Nothing fantastic.

17th May


Read 28% of The Girl At Midnight, which I really like. I'm still shocked that I liked it so much. I also read 51 pages of Chantress.

Books finished this week: 4
Books DNF'd this week: 0


For review:

Inherit The Stars | Tessa Elwood
Fire & Chasm | Chelsea M. Campbell 
A History of Glitter and Blood | Hannah Moskowitz


In The Air Tonight | Lori Handeland 
Heat Of The Moment | Lori Handeland 
Smoke On The Water | Lori Handeland 

LOOK AT THOSE COVERS! THEY ALL FLOW!!!!! HOW PRETTY? AND THE TITLES ARE SONGS! (I keep thinking of Supernatural, with Heat Of The Moment.) I'm really looking forward to this series!
Actually, it's Reviewed Since The Last Time I Updated, but that's a bit wordy :)

Omega City - 3 STARS
Crimson Bound - 5 STARS
Cold Burn of Magic - 3.5 STARS
Ferals - 2.5 STARS
Nimona - 5 STARS
Illusionarium - 4.5 STARS
Rat Queens, vol 1 & 2 -  5 STARS & 5 STARS
Sleep No More - 2.5 STARS
A School For Unusual Girls - 5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment