29 December 2014

Reading round up (58)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week.


22nd December


Currently Reading: Talon | Julie Kagawa
Current page/percent: 56%
Read today: 36%
Thoughts: I fricking LOVE this book. I'm only halfway through and it's already one of my favourites. And I adore Garret *swoons*

23rd December

Currently Reading: Talon | Julie Kagawa
Current page/percent: 100%
Read today: 44%
Thoughts: Riley is a MAJOR creep. Dude, leave her alone. Awesome book though. Plenty wrong with it but my love for the story and Garret overshadows any problems.

24th December

Started Splintered by A. G. Howard (6%). This has been on my tbr list for about 2 years now, and everyone loves this story so I'm expecting a lot but I'm finding it REALLY hard to get into. Insects and boarding aren't my thing so I'm a little disheartened by the beginning. I also read 44 pages of The Wizard's Promise by Cassandra Rose Clarke to counteract the slowness of Splintered. It's awesome so far.

25th December

MERRY CHRISTMAS, FOLKS!!
I read 28% of Splintered and God this is taking forever to get good. It's also not what I was expecting, more outrageous fantasy than dark. Not sure I like.

26th December


I read a further 41% of Splintered. We're in Wonderland now and I'm still not sure if I like this or not. Jeb started to grow on me then started being controlling, Morpheus is a manipulative creep, and I don't know if I'm ever gonna connect to any of the characters.

27th December

Finished Splintered (read 25%). I both like and hate this book at the same time, so it's gonna be another 2.5 star highly-anticipated book for me. Ah yes, crushing disappointment how nice to see you.

I also read 32 pages of The Wizard's Promise and I'm liking it, even if it is another slow build up like Splintered (hopefully not as long; hopefully not half the book.)

28th December


Current page/percent: page 191
Read today: 104 pages
Thoughts: Getting better but it's a slow book as opposed to a fast one. I like it, but after the excruciatingly long Splintered, I don't love this as much as I should.

Books finished this week: 2



I got a major haul of Christmas present books (as shown here) and will be using Christmas present money to get a second haul. It's been a good week for books because I also got these ebooks:


The Cage | Megan Shepherd
The Replaced | Kimberly Derting
I still haven't finished reading The Madman's Daughter from months ago, so I'm not sure if I'll totally love The Cage but the premise is far too exciting to ignore. I did, however, really enjoy The Taking, and much more than I expected, so I'm looking forward to The Replaced!! Don't like the text treatment on the cover, though. My eyes can't focus on it :(


Song of Blood and Stone | L. Penelope
POC? High fantasy? Fricking stunning cover? What sounds like a really cool world? A FUCKING MAP INSIDE? Oh God I'm gonna love this book. 


Paranormalcy | Kiersten White
Article 5 | Kristen Simmons
These two beauties were on kindle sale. You have NO idea how long I've been coveting them

No comments:

Post a Comment