15 December 2014

Reading round up (56)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week.


8th December

Currently Reading: Poison Study | Maria. V. Snyder
Current page/percent: page 127
Read today: 127 pages
Thoughts: HOLY HELL. Yelena is one of those rare characters I fall instantly in love with. I don't know what makes her special or the one but I'm gonna love this entire series, I know it.

9th December

Currently Reading: Poison Study | Maria. V. Snyder
Current page/percent: page 295
Read today: 168 pages
Thoughts: I am officially hooked on Valek/Yelena. Pls pls kiss. C'mon. Just kiss each other. Just once or a hundred times. That's all I ask.


10th December

Finished Poison Study (114 pages) and whoa boy. Astounding high fantasy. AND YELENA AND VALEK DID MORE THAN KISS yasssssssssss.

I also started Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore (9 pages) and it interesting so far.


11th December

Finished Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore and it was wonderful. Just simply wonderful. Highly recommend for a quick, cute read.


12th December

Today I'm starting a readalong of A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
!! I've been meaning to read this book for EVER so I have super high expectations. I only read 70 pages but I like the tone and the voice so far.


13th December

Read 65 pages of A Great and Terrible Beauty, but it's a little slow going for me personally, so I ended up reading 10% of The Jewel by Amy Ewing in between. Not sure about it so far. I'm a little bored but maybe it's not kicked in yet.


14th December

I'm not reading much of this at a time and it's frustrating me. Ideally, I'd finish tomorrow. Realistically? Probably Tuesday. Today I read 71 pages.

Books finished this week: 2





Slated | Teri Terry
Another £0.99 Kindle book. Been meaning to read this one for literal YEARS.


Foretold | Rinda Elliot
Forecast | Rinda Elliot
Foresworn | Rinda Elliott
I love love love these covers, especially the third one. These were dirt cheap on Kindle, especially for new releases, and they're about Norse mythology and prophecies and powerful ladies, all of which I am super into. They're also pubbed by Harlequin/Mira, home of two of the most amazing series (Soul Screamers; Blood of Eden) so I trust they'll be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment